Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I Am Currently Shooting Beman Blackmax Arrows With 100gr Brass Inserts,100gr Head 28 1/2"they Bare Shaft Perfectly.i Want To Go To Aluminum Arrows For Conv. And Price. I Shoot A Black Widow Psa 54# @28" I Draw 28". I Would Also Like To Get The Arrows Pretty Heavy For Hunting Elk And I Want To Use A 150gr Woodsman.

·
Registered
3,081 Posts
Everything you need can be found at this site.

http://www.bowmaker.net/index2.htm

If you want to go real heavy up front you just may want to move up a little in spine from say a 2016 to a 2018. Experiment a little to find what works for you.

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
I'll third that!

You want a 2018.:D

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks For The Input But A 2016 Just About Breaks In Half When I Shoot Them, I Havent Tried A 2018 Yet But I Have Been Playing With A 2117. I Started At 30" Bareshafting Cutting Down In 1/4" Incr. I Am Now Down To 28 3/4" And Still Showing Week, The Easton And Blackwidow Charts Say 2216 Should Be Perfect At 29" Or A 2219 At 30". I Will Let You Know What Works Best.thanks Again.

·
Registered
3,081 Posts
The arrow you are using has a .376 spine and you get perfect flight out of it at 55# on a Widow. Well you gentleman seem to have found something special so good luck with the tuning and the Easton charts. Interesting results so far.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Jimpic,

I just looked at my reply to you and realize it could be taken wrong. When I read your post I thought I read " and every now and then they fly perfectly" I thought you were kidding around so I laughed.

I see what you really said was " I shoot 2216's every now and then, and they fly perfectly." quite different/

sorry

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Jim Pic

Jim Pic, How Long Are Your Arrows, And What Grain Tip Are You Using? Do You Know How Heavy Your Arrows Are?

·
Registered
3,479 Posts
C.--arrows are swaged 28" Easton XX75 Classic's w/3-4" feathers and with a 125gr Zwickey they weight out at 477gr.

Bcoulter--no prob.-I can see how that could have been read differently:wink:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts