Votes: 13 33.3%
  • Tekan

Votes: 6 15.4%
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,768 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I will be finishing off the late season using the rest of my X-Systems but am debating on which broadhead to use for the 2010-2011 Bow Season. The new setup I will be using is listed in my signature.

I am looking at Slick Tricks, Rage, Bloodrunners, Strikers, and Tekans. I have pros and cons to each head but what I am ultimately looking for in my new BH is penetration, fieldpoint accuracy, durability, good bloodtrail, and lastly the price.

Based on personal experience, which head would you choose?

·
Registered
951 Posts
I ahve a 08 vextrix plus and QAD HD. It took verrrryyyyyyy little tuneing to get the Slicks to hit with my field points. I'm not one to follow people. But after not being able to get my Muzzy MX4's to group past 20 yards I needed another option. Looked at the Tricks, seen how resonably priced they were and thought why not? There built like tanks and scary sharp. Give em a try. You will never switch;):darkbeer:

·
Registered
1,768 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
TTT is my setup able to get passthroughs from a mech head?

·
Registered
296 Posts
I would check out "Reign Broadheads" . There nice and simple and nearly indestructable.

·
Registered
6,702 Posts
Rage 2bld. and if you put it where its supposed to be with your setup you will be zipping through like nothing.....check out my profile, album, and you can see some pics of a typical rage hole....BIG!!!

·
Registered
951 Posts
I'm not a rage basher!! Now that being said lol. I ahve them in my quiver as spares more or less. they open to much when your walking into/oout of the stand. Stick with the fix blades. If your anything like me mistakes happen when you shoot. If you put a ST into a shoulder it will go through one maby both. if you do it with a rage they tend to bend the aluminum tip. That being said, If you hit to far back the rage's 3" hole is far better beacuse it hits more going in. So its a toss up. decide if you think you may hit to far forward more or to far back.

·
Registered
2,458 Posts
I'm currently shooting the Wasp Hammer SST and am very pleased with this broadhead's performace but if I go with a different broadhead next season it would most likely be the G5 Striker.

·
Registered
1,768 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
What is the blood trail like on the ST? Its only a 1" cutting diameter and thats the only thing keeping me away from them

1 - 8 of 8 Posts