Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Gonna try a kisser button!! Never had one before, so what do yall think the best ones are? I have been looking and there are alot of diff sizes. I mainly hunt so i am thinking a small one but i dont know.I saw that one guy said he used an eliminator button in the place of a kisser button. Give me some advice please!!!

·
Registered
4,578 Posts
When I used one, I prefered the eliminator button approach. Be forewarned that it doesn't work very well if you like to wear a face mask, though. You'll need something larger in that case, like the Saunders Kiss XL.

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
I just picked up a cheap kisser at Academy and it seems to work fine.

·
Guipago
3,090 Posts
Full draw kisser is the best I have used.

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
When I used one, I prefered the eliminator button approach. Be forewarned that it doesn't work very well if you like to wear a face mask, though. You'll need something larger in that case, like the Saunders Kiss XL.
eliminator button works well and there is no issue with string music,never liked anything else but i dont use a kisser anymore either.

·
Registered
7,889 Posts
I used a Saunders a few years back and it worked well until i had a facemask on then i couldnt feel it so i took it off and didnt miss a beat. i should mention i used one for 10 years or so.

·
Registered
5,892 Posts
I have been using nothing but a kisser for the last 3 years. (No peep sight)

The one that works for me best are the cheap ones you can get at Wal-Mart in a package of 2 for something like $2. They are black and come with 2 small metals "crimps" to squeeze them onto your string.

I do NOT use these metal crimps, I instead serve them onto my string. They are 3/8" in diameter and I can feel them just fine through a face mask.

Kev
<><

·
Registered
4,110 Posts

·
Registered
5,892 Posts

·
Fat Jesus
29,130 Posts
The best ones I've found is the one I'm using now...They are from Flex Fletch, and they make a couple different sizes. I use the small one, I think it's like 1cm or something like that. They dont crimp on the string, you just serve above and below it. Plus after you slip it over your string you glue it together so it becomes 1 small, soft plastic disc...No more ripping your lip up on the split seam in them. I've got a couple of them, they sell them on eBay for a couple bucks.
Here's the link to them on Flex Fletch's website.
http://www.flexfletch.com/products/kisser-buttons/

·
Registered
47,473 Posts
I didn't use one for years. But I have an eliminator button served in as one now and it's working great. Just a very light touch at the corner of my mouth and it doesn't remove whiskers or anything. :smile:

·
Banned
3,019 Posts
i personally think that the best kisser is no kisser. it's just one more thing that will mess up an outing if it flies off or breaks. i try not to depend on too many things to shoot well. if you shoot now without one,i would continue to do so.

·
Registered
Mathews creed XS 70-28 axcel armortech, QAD HDX, Doinker Stab and truball thumb release
583 Posts
just a nock

I use just a nock it seems to be the best for me. small. hardly weighs snything and after you get use to it, its like not having ine at all.

·
Registered
3,168 Posts
the full draw is what i used when i used kisser buttons. It was the only one i found that didnt cut my lip,and that crap aint fun!

·
Registered
1,977 Posts
i personally think that the best kisser is no kisser. it's just one more thing that will mess up an outing if it flies off or breaks. i try not to depend on too many things to shoot well. if you shoot now without one,i would continue to do so.
i am with you i don't like kisser buttons either my peep lines up perfect at full draw with the yellow ring on back of my hha,use the same anchor point no need for a kisser for me any way,why try to fix it if it aint broke

1 - 18 of 18 Posts