Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,659 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got my buddy into archery and he picked up a Bear Truth l for a good price. It needed strings so I ordered a set for him. I put them on last night the exact same way the old strings were on there but it seems wrong. It seemed wrong to me even before I changed the strings. The cable and string are crossing above the cable slide and are rubbing together. I looked at the owners manual and it shows the bow with the strings crossing above the cable slide but I have also seen photos on the bear site that shows the Truth l strings crossing below the cable slide. I think the stock slide was replaced with a NAP slide and maybe that is why the string/cable are rubbing. Attached are photos showing the string/cable crossing and rubbing.

If anyone give me some input I'd appreciate it.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
you could try flipping the slide and see if you just have the slide on the wrong way. If so it should push away from each other.

·
Mountain Life
6,873 Posts
You can still cross the cables below the slide....

·
Registered
2,659 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I've tried flipping the slide and I tried crossing the cable below the slide, it seems wrong no matter what I do.

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
Try what he said^^^, you have it ran up the wrong way. is the bow hard to pull back??

·
Registered
2,659 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You know, I thought about that after I installed then and discovered the problem. The string must have been routed wrong with the old strings because I did everything exactly the same. And, yes it did seem harder to pull back than it should. I'll swap it tonight and check it out.

Thanks guys!

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
if it seemed harder than thats usually the problem. Try it and let us know how it works out.

·
Registered
2,659 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Re routed the bus cable to the other side of the string and problem fixed. There is now about 1/4 inch gap between the cable and string. It was routed wrong when my buddy got it so who knows if the previous owner was shooting it like that....

1 - 9 of 9 Posts