Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking to buy a scale to measure the weight of my arrows and another one for draw weight. What do you guys use to measure the grain of the arrow or your draw weight?

·
Registered
2,910 Posts
Scale

Just get a digital grain scale.They are pretty cheap and do just fine.Same thing with your bow scale, lots of them out there.You can get them on E-Bay serch under Sporting goods,archery, tools.

·
Administrator
65,518 Posts
There are a couple in the AT classifieds that sell em cheap.. for arrows that's fine but for draw weight yer gonna need another kind.. :lol: A spring scale will work, or a digital is better, but more costly.. Most archery supply stores such as Lancaster have em for draw weight. ;)

·
Registered
212 Posts
Reference the draw scale, I posted the following on another thread. I hope it helps!

I was looking for a scale for my drawboard and after a lot of reading decided to try the American Weigh H-110. I went on ebay and found one lised by libra6210 $19 shipped. Because I had heard there are knock-offs around, I sent her a message asking if it was a genuine AW scale and if she would ensure it's accuracy. I got a quick response back saying they only sell genuine AW scales and that if it was not accurate, I could send it back for a refund. So I ordered the scale. I got it last night (it is a genuine AW) and put it on my drawboard. I read the peak weight of my 60lb Alley as 59.76-60.4 (that is good enough for me). It would be nice to have the peak hold feature, but for use on a drawboard, it is actually better, IMO, to have constant read. The only other thing is it shuts off automatically after 60 seconds of no input. To get around this, you just hit one of the buttons every minute or so and it will not shut off.

Also, the scale is very compact,< 8", which is nice on a drawboard. The body is metal and it seems well built. It also came with a 10 year warranty.

Overall, I am very impressed with this $20 scale. It certainly will do all I need it to and more!

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
There are a couple in the AT classifieds that sell em cheap.. for arrows that's fine but for draw weight yer gonna need another kind.. :lol: A spring scale will work, or a digital is better, but more costly.. Most archery supply stores such as Lancaster have em for draw weight. ;)
Cool! Thanks! Any suggestion for measuring draw weights? :confused:

·
Administrator
65,518 Posts
Cool! Thanks! Any suggestion for measuring draw weights? :confused:
I use an old spring type hand held.. it marks peak dw as it draws and works fine.. probably ain't the most accurate, but it's repeatable and all relative.. If it's the only one I use, it's accurate for what I need.. :lol: :wink:

Here's a bunch to look at..

LAS scales

1 - 9 of 9 Posts