Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Currently i have a drop away rest on my Hoyt UltraMag but i was wondering if a Wisker Biscuit would be a better rest for hunting only. Because i got to thinking that in the stand, my arrow would not be secure and i would be worrying about it staying on the rest instead of watching for deer. Please let me know if the WB would make me re-sight my bow in as well.

Suggestions would be well appreciated!

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
The WB is an excellent hunting rest that a large percentage of AT users are using. I have been hunting for 25 years and in my opinion, for me, it's hands down the best rest for hunting. It's pretty easy to tune. You may have some slight sight pin adjustments but if the WB is installed and tuned properly they would be minimal. You will lose 1-4 feet per second in speed but not much. Many of us are shooting out to 60 yards and are very happy with the WB.

·
Registered
210 Posts
broke my fall away rest the DAY BEFORE SEASON opener last year. Panicked! no pro shop for a hundred miles, only wally world. Just so happens they carry the WB. Can honestly say, best thing that coulda happened. VERY happy with the biscuit

·
Registered
37,038 Posts
I used the biscuit for the firat time last year and loved it for hunting. Ive been using the Ripcord so far this year but noticed that the cord was fraying on it so I put the biscuit on and had it shooting great in no time. I wont use the biscuit for 3D (not that you cant) but for hunting it is great!

·
Registered
3,136 Posts
I have shot out to 50 yards with my WB. The only thing is it is hard on vanes and I switched to blazer vanes and have had no problems with them. For hunting I think they are a great rest.

·
Registered
2,403 Posts
Put one on a bow a few years back and shot a few arrows and took it right back off. Know a lot of people that love theirs but I wouldn't use one if you paid me,with all the quality drop aways out there,there is no comparison IMO.

·
Registered
5,341 Posts
I'm sure you will like the Whisker Biscuit. Just use a quality vane and an extra drop of glue on the front of vane and you will have no problems, CAP has a list of vanes that work well, AAE SpeedFlyte, Blazers, and VaneTech are some that really work well.

When you buy the biscuit make sure that the arrow is very loose in the biscuit (you should be able to see light around the arrow when it is in the biscuit) TOO TIGHT AND IT WILL MAKE NOISE.

·
Registered
2,289 Posts
another vote!!

Another vote for the biscuit!! I shoot a drop away for 3D but hunt with the biscuit!! never have to worry about arrow dropping off, or how your holding or hanging your bow while in the stand...
As far as fletching go, when vain get the wrinkled look warm them up with hair dryer and when the cool they tighten back up, to look like new!!
Cant see myself hunting with any other rest out there right now!!!

·
Registered
493 Posts
They are a good hunting rest, just from the fact that they totally contain your arrow. They are not a target accuracy type rest though.

If you have any errors in your form, they will definitely show with using the Wisker Bisquit.

I had one put on my bow this year, and although I'm not completely sold, I'm going to use it this season. I had other issues with my bow (string stretch, and timing/tuning issues), so that has to be pointed out. Now that everything is in line and tuned up, it works fine, but I can see how other rests would be more accurate. With all of that said, and after sorting out a bunch of problems with the bow set up that were not not rest related, I was punching 1.5" dots at 20yds the last time I shot.

For hunting it is a fine and dependable rest, but not very forgiving imo.

·
Registered
2007 Bowtech Equalizer, 2009 Hoyt Alphamax 32
974 Posts
I really like my Vital Bow Gear Kaz-Away rest. It provides the retention needed for hunting situations without the hit on arrow speed with the Whisker Bisquit.

Scott

1 - 10 of 10 Posts