Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had a new string and cable put on my bowtech Assassin at a local pro shop. : I paper tuned the bow and it is shooting paper fine. The tuning seems to be good. I had to drop my sight bracket as far down as it will go and had to drop off my bottom (80 yard pin) I had to set the bow at 70# (higher than the old string and cable system) after the new bowstring and cable were installed. before it was set at 65 lbs and shot "flatter". and was more accurate (factory string and cable) I have a ripcord arrow rest and put the bow on a draw board it is dropping at about 1" of let down. The arrow shaft is not level with the berger holes I cant drop it any further because the rest hits the shelf when it drops and the arrows drop about 4" at 20 yards. The new string is a winners choice. any help will be appreciated.

Is the string to long? Does it need twisted?

·
Registered
15 Posts
If the string were too long then your draw length would feel too long. What probably happened was when they were working on your bow they didn't get the rest back far enough to be able to get it low enough to have the arrow through the berger hole. Also, the placement of your d loop and peep height will have a major effect on your sight housing placement. Although it is surprising the bow paper tuned being above the berger by very much.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Arrows seem to group ok out to 40 yards but at 50, 60 and 70 it gets a bit rediculous (all over) I see the arrows flying a bit wierd "corkscrewing" but not all the time I figure it has to do with the placement of the arrow in relation to the berger holes or something to do with my grip. I bare shaft tested a couple of arrows and moved my rest to get them to hit the target straight. I am going to shoot further distances tonight to see how the arrows react. I will try moving the rest back to see what happens also. Thanks for your time I appreciate it. I have read on this forum that the only rest that works well with the binary cam system is the Limb driver, I reckon I will try that out if I cant find a cure with the current a rest (Code Red).

Bowtech assassin 70#, code red drop away, easton st epic 400 100 grain tip, tru glo sites.

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
any good dropaway will work if properly setup
cut the cord off and toss it in the can, tie a new piece to the rest lock it in the up position with a pair of hemostats. nock an arrow adjust untill visually centered on berger holes dloop will probably need to be moved also, check with bow square. split the down cable and put the cord through pull it untill there's no slack. " I like mine just below the grip" now draw the bow and let down, wrap the cord around tie it off and serve it in. your rest is ready to rock time to paper tune

1 - 4 of 4 Posts