Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello
I use wasp hammer 100 grain heads. I dont really like how the blades conect becasue when you unscrew the broadhead from the arrow the blades fall off. I was thinking to switching to muzzy broadheads never tried em but what do you think. I currently shoot a pse nova with carbon extreme arrows a nap 800 rest (soon to be whisker biscuit) and a pse 3 pin sight at 48 pounds. I think it is a bit too light for deer but what do you think?This will be my set up this year but I am thinking of upgrading my bow for turkey season.

·
Registered
812 Posts
The Muzzy may not be your best choice as they seem to be a little weeker than they used to be, I am tearing them up right regular. The new WASP bullet is an extrmely tuff head and so are the Innerlock's. And then you have the new G5 which is an awesome head, spins very true and flies like a dart

·
Registered
11,651 Posts
125 Grain Muzzy 3 blade

Sine you are shootign light weight you need to get better penetration use the Longer nose Muzzy 125 grain The longer snout makes t he head tough and strong

The added weight will fly far better and give you more Kinetric energy and this more pentration

Good Luck TINK:cool:

·
Registered
94 Posts
Good advice comes from Larry Rooks...He's conducted some tests that I believe represent durability very well! Tink knows some stuff too!
IMO, I would go with the G5 Montecs or some other cut-on-contact type head. Two that I would recommend as I feel that you need the increase of penetration are: G5 Montec & Magnus Stinger 2-Bl.(lifetime garantee) They are so simple the G5's must be sharpened. The Stingers are the Sharpest head that I have ever felt! The links are www.g5outdoors.com &
www.magnusbroadheads.com.

I hope this helps, happy hemmoraghing!

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
Muzzys are excellent heads and My personal "standard" head. You will find them every bit a tough and well constructed as the wasps, and they are more convenient to use becuase of the way they stay together.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts