Archery Talk Forum banner

Help with climbing sticks

499 Views 7 Replies 7 Participants Last post by  ParkerBow
I'm trying to use 6 sticks. How do you hold the sticks while climbing up. Saturday was my first time using them, and they work great, but I was trying to balance them in my lap while climbing up. The first 2 I can pretty much do from the ground but after that it gets tricky trying to balance the other while putting one on. Is there another way besides climbing up and down to put the sticks on? One more thing they claim you can get to 16' with 3 sticks, but I was only able to get to 25' to my chest with 6.

The saddle is awesome, nuff said
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
1,829 Posts
If you use a linemans belt and a rope to pull them up to you, you will have two hands to manuever them into place and get the straps on them.

· Registered
132 Posts
I just put mine up yesterday. I put them together on the ground then strap the 2 lowers to the tree then climb up with my linesman belt on and do the rest.

· Registered
191 Posts
I just put mine up yesterday. I put them together on the ground then strap the 2 lowers to the tree then climb up with my linesman belt on and do the rest.

+1, I put them all together on the ground. I place the bottom against the base of the tree and walk it up. Strap each section as I climb up the ladder. This is much safer than having to pull them up or carry them up with ya.

· Archer helping Archers
1,361 Posts
I'm trying to use 6 sticks. How do you hold the sticks while climbing up. Saturday was my first time using them, and they work great, but I was trying to balance them in my lap while climbing up. The first 2 I can pretty much do from the ground but after that it gets tricky trying to balance the other while putting one on. Is there another way besides climbing up and down to put the sticks on? One more thing they claim you can get to 16' with 3 sticks, but I was only able to get to 25' to my chest with 6.

The saddle is awesome, nuff said
I'll take the strap from the stick and sling it over my shoulder. Once I hook up the linemans belt, I can put them on fairly easy. It can take a trip or two, but I only use 4 sticks. I know what you mean about 16'. I try to place my first stick 3' off the ground, and then space the sticks apart as far as I can comfortable reach.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.