Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a dead nuts sight. on my new bow the windage adjustment is maxed out to the right, but is dead on at that point. its actually past maxed out....the rail that moves back and forth is only being gripped by half the jaw that holds it in place, cause i have to move it past the point that its flush with the end.....thats hard to explain, and even harder to picture, but my main question is can i shim my sight with some washers or something so that i can have more windage adjustment?

·
(aka lug nut)
48,296 Posts
mattdd said:
i have a dead nuts sight. on my new bow the windage adjustment is maxed out to the right, but is dead on at that point. its actually past maxed out....the rail that moves back and forth is only being gripped by half the jaw that holds it in place, cause i have to move it past the point that its flush with the end.....thats hard to explain, and even harder to picture, but my main question is can i shim my sight with some washers or something so that i can have more windage adjustment?
Yes.
I would get some aluminum stock,
say 1/8th thick.

Drill some holes to match up
with the mounting holes for your sight mount.

The aluminum stock will be flat
(more precise than washers),
and that will give you an extra 1/8th inch.

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
Matt,
Give Copper John a call (315)258-9269 and tell us about the problem. There is no reason you should not have MORE than enough windage adjustment for any bow out there. Most likely its a very simple thing that I am sure we can help you with.

Eric Springer

·
Registered
15,839 Posts
It depends on the bow. If your window is very wide you may have this problem. I had a Pro 40 which did. Take the sight out of the clamp and then reverse the slide this should give you enough windage adjustment. I did call CJ about it a couple of years ago.

·
Registered
9,194 Posts
Moose mustard said:
MM thinks you need to check your center shot.
Yep! (or maybe he's a lefty, there's always something strange with those ppl :))

·
Banned
1,021 Posts
insolent minx said:
Matt,
Give Copper John a call (315)258-9269 and tell us about the problem. There is no reason you should not have MORE than enough windage adjustment for any bow out there. Most likely its a very simple thing that I am sure we can help you with.

Eric Springer
Now thats customer service!!! Gota love a company that will come on to a forum and help out the average guy!!!
Way to go Copper John!!!!

·
Registered
970 Posts
CJ is great. I bought a bow that had a Dead Nuts. The plate where you attach the pins was all mangled. I asked them how much for a new plate, and the sent me one for free, even though I never bought the sight from them in the first place. Great folks!

And yeah, check the center shot. Are you using a peep or kisser button? I had that same problem with mine until a got the peep sight properly installed and was able to anchor in the same place. Turns out I was way off in my form and anchor. Solved the whole problem.

·
Registered
360 Posts
bracket

You can take off the bracket that the dove tail riser bracket mounts to and turn it around giving you alot more room. I had to do that to compensate for the large sight window on my BT. It also give you complete view of the orange sight alignment ring.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I thought about turning the bracket around but it looked like it would come into the site picture. Just had it set up so it should be centered. When I visually center it the string and rest are inline and I also assured the string was inline with the limbs as a reference. It’s a mathews legacy. Ill give CJ a call tonite.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts