Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone,

So I just got my new bow, 2008 Ultra Elite. I can't wait to shoot her, but when I tried putting my Doinker elite stabilizer on, I realized that it was too big for the stabilizer mount in the bow and didn't fit. Is there some sort of adapter that is currently on my stabilizer that I can remove, or do I just need to get a new stabilizer?

Here are some pics

Attachments

·
Registered
646 Posts
It looks like youve removed the threaded insert from whatever bow that stab was previously attached to. Go back to the previous bow and check out whats going on in there. I would think the insert isnt in very good condition, so id hold it with a vice / vice grips and twist her off. The stab should be ok, but you might want to get a die to clean it up (a 5/16 UNF tap and die is handy bit of kit to have).

With the new bow, dont tighten it so much! If youre having problems with the stab coming loose, get a brass washer to put under it, it should provide all the grip you need. Also, a bit of dry lubricant on the thread will help as well, not to mention it helping prevent removing the insert in your new bow. Actually, looking at the pics, id say your doinker used to be attached to another hoyt...time to get in touch with them for a new insert methinks.

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
It looks like (I'm guessing here) someone put a metric stub on the end of your doinker. I would remove the bolt holding it one and it my just be 5/16, if it is you need a new stud to go into your Doinker then into the riser

·
Just shoot it!!!
3,178 Posts
It seems you have removed the bushing from another bow when you took the stabilizer off. It's now over the stabilizer bolt. Unscrew it with vise-grips and the atabilizer should fit.

·
Registered
12,838 Posts
it seems you have removed the bushing from another bow when you took the stabilizer off. It's now over the stabilizer bolt. Unscrew it with vise-grips and the atabilizer should fit.
+1

jim

1 - 6 of 6 Posts