Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
732 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys, I am shooting a Stan Super X Trio, large. I actually have two of them but while training with someone, I was told that I really need to get a release that fits me.

I've got short fat fingers and even though I have set the release to the most tension and shortened it as much as possible, I punch it cause I can't get thumb all the way around it and touch my other finger or the release its self without it firing. Fingers are just too short for it.

Anyways, I need to find a release that I can' get my thumb all the way around to touch my other finger to I can work on a proper release technique.

Anyone got any ideas about finidng one that would fit? Kind of expensive to buy and not be right so looking for advice.

Thanks

· (aka lug nut)
54,880 Posts
Guys, I am shooting a Stan Super X Trio, large. I actually have two of them but while training with someone, I was told that I really need to get a release that fits me.

I've got short fat fingers and even though I have set the release to the most tension and shortened it as much as possible, I punch it cause I can't get thumb all the way around it and touch my other finger or the release its self without it firing. Fingers are just too short for it.

Anyways, I need to find a release that I can' get my thumb all the way around to touch my other finger to I can work on a proper release technique.

Anyone got any ideas about finidng one that would fit? Kind of expensive to buy and not be right so looking for advice.

Thanks
You may need a smaller diameter knob.

Contact ex-okie and see if you can build you a custom knob
with much smaller diameter tubing.

He can knurl the outside in a matching hatch pattern.

http://www.archerytalk.com/vb/showthread.php?t=494197&referrerid=22477

Since you are using the LARGE Stan,
have you tried the MEDIUM Stan?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.