Archery Talk Forum banner

Help with Form

604 Views 5 Replies 2 Participants Last post by  KCDomer
Three questions:
1. How does my form look?
2. Any suggestions for improvement?
3. This bow is only 30' axel to axel and while the draw length feels good it looks really long. Do you think it is too long or just the result of the severe string angle?

Thanks in advance for all your help. It is much appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· (aka lug nut)
54,875 Posts
Three questions:
3. This bow is only 30' axel to axel and while the draw length feels good it looks really long. Do you think it is too long or just the result of the severe string angle?

Grip needs lots of work. Post head to toe photo. You can find thousands of how's my form examples. Get the camera off the floor and get the camera up to shoulder height. Blank wall behind you. Get the arrow DEAD level.

FIX your grip to match jewalker7842. This means CLOSE your fingers into a FIST, before you touch the bow. THEN, only open the thumb and pointer finger, like a lobster claw. ROTATE knuckles to 45 degrees. THEN, ONLY the pointer finger lightly goes around the riser.

· (aka lug nut)
54,875 Posts
Three questions:

Drop the draw length at least 1-inch shorter.

· (aka lug nut)
54,875 Posts
Three questions:

Lose the sweatshirt and try a short sleeve shirt.

· (aka lug nut)
54,875 Posts
Three questions:

THIS is a how's my form photo. TRY again.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.