Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
4,079 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey i was looking for suggestion for freezing off target. i shoot right handed, and i always freeze probabbly about a foot right of where i want my pin ot be. THis is creatign drive by for me.. I know i alreayd punch the trigger, but its my thinking once i get over the freezing i can beat the trigger punch.

· Registered
351 Posts
This doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me. You freeze to the right of target and then punch??? You need a coach.
He should start you at square one and go thru all the steps of the shot, starting with the feet and working up

· *Chick Repellent*
21,419 Posts
Doing the "drive by" method will only make things worse. This is actually the beginnings of target panic. And you don't need to start off at square one in your shot sequence. This is 100% a mental problem. Getting a coach could be helpful, but you need to look at what you are concentrating on during your aiming process. You should be concentrating on what you are aiming at and not on your aiming pin. Check out some mental management such as Lanny Bassham it helps a ton.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.