Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a new Pheonix android through Att and can't find how to get Google earth anywhere in the market and I'm getting pretty frusterated. Why isn't it there for me? I'm missing something.

·
Liv4Rut
7,318 Posts
I can find it on my Droid X2. Try an app called "Latitude" which is essentially google maps / earth. Talk about killer satelite views!!

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
When i search i just get the Google earth blog is as close as i get. I don't know why. I'm new to smart phones and not liking it much if this is how its gonna be...

·
Registered
707 Posts
I just went to google search page and at the top I clicked "more" and brought up a bunch of apps and clicked on "earth".

·
Registered
137 Posts
Works great on my Droid X.

It might not be compatible with your phone. Some apps dont work on some phones.

You might try sending the link to your phone. Go to this link: http://www.google.com/mobile/earth/

Enter your phone number on the blue box to the left labled... "Send to Phone" This will send the download link to your phone. Just a heads up. If you can get it to download, its a large file and will take some time. Thats normal. Since your new to smartphones, thought I'd give you a heads up. :)

Good luck!

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Still been tryin. When i click that link, it takes me in the market like normal, but i do not have the download option in the top right to click like on other apps???

·
Registered
527 Posts
Latitude works great. I use it on my Captivate.

·
Registered
527 Posts
"My Tracks" is good too.

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
90 percent of the reason i got a smart phone was to have Google earth... Frusterating.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Try the scoutlook app. Its AWESOME! It uses google earth to plot your treestands at your hunting area, and give you the hr by hr forcast and scent cone from your tree. Its easier to sign up and plot everything on your normal computer, then use that app, to check everything. Its the best and most useful hunting app I have for my phone.

http://www.scoutlookweather.com/

1 - 14 of 14 Posts