Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently started fletching vanes for a shoot-thru rest (Bodoodle doodle-drop), with the cock vane down. For some reason, I can't get the jig to line up correctly with the nock, so the vane isn't at 90 degrees to the nock.
I got the jig used and it has worked fine for fletching for my recurve, but I don't have any instructions with it.
Anybody out there have any experience with grayling?

·
Registered
8,685 Posts
i guess it would depend on how you got yours indexed. On mine I put the arrow in with the knock tab pointing out to me. then the thrid fletch is the cock fletch. not the first.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the replys. Currently I'm trying to fletch some older Easton XX75's, with glue on nocks. The trouble is that I don't know how to set the index.

·
Registered
28,189 Posts
I wished I could help you but I have never seen anyone fletch arrows with glue on nocks and get them lined up right. Back when I shot those nocks I had to replace them when they were refletched.

·
Registered
2,238 Posts
I didn't think the Grayling was adjustable for what nonickname is trying to accomplish. I believe the receiver is fixed to 3 fletch with cock feather up. In the case of the XX75s with tapered nock receivers, you're gonna have to peel the nocks off and install new ones set to the position you want. Bjorn type nocks are a lot cheaper than the Super Nock types so I never thought it was a big deal to install new ones whenever I refletched. The serrations on the XX75 are designed to hold the nocks without glue and you can fletch, and then tune them to whatever position you want. I still put a drop of glue on mine after I'm done turning, but I'm told it's not necessary.

·
Registered
3,868 Posts
Might be able to help

I own a grayling and haven't had this problem.

I have the instruction sheet and can scan and email it to you if you like. It has a couple diagrams and step-by-steps that might help.
PM me with your email address if you want it.

Aaron

1 - 7 of 7 Posts