Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey eveyone,

I'm new to this site and love the advise that everyone gives. So, here is my problem I have been debating to change from straight feather to helical feathers. I hope that someone could help with pro's & con's of helical fletching.
I have heard that if your shooting fixed blade broadheads you should I be using helical fletching! I have been shooting muzzy 100gr 3 blades with straight feather just fine. Should I change? Or Should I leave it alone?

Thanks,
msabo

·
Registered
190 Posts
Try some

Just fletch up a few and give them a try.

If you are really happy with the straight fletching and you are getting tight groups at all your yardages, why change?

The helical will aid in stabilizing your arrows quicker due to their spin. I always use as radical helical as I can get and get great results. But then I never tried straight fletching.

·
Registered
664 Posts
I prefer right helical. More spin, more stabilization, better accuracy. The down side is a loss of a couple fps. I switched to Blazers and gained the fps back though.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys,

I appreciate the advise! I will probably try them out just to see if I can notice any improvement down range or not!

Thanks again, good luck and have fun hunting this year!
msabo

·
When's bow season start?
8,909 Posts
Hey! A local! :rofl:

Years ago I used to use straight fletching, but after using helicals once I made a permanent switch. I get much better arrow flight (consistent!) shooting broadheads with helical fletching. You can get great arrow flight with broadheads and straight fletching if everything is perfect. But if not, helical can help out by stabilizing the arrow a lot more than straights do.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts