Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,931 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I build an elevated box blind over the summer. It’s 6x6 wooden box blind sitting on a 10’ high elevated platform. I decided I want to relocated it to the opposite side of the field. Any ideas or thoughts on how I can move it? A few I was thinking of are 1. Rent a skid steer and try to move it that way 2. Jack up one side at a time and try make some type of ski out of 10’ 2x6 and drag it. 3. Or just disassemble it and rebuild it in the other location

Attachments

·
Registered
6,189 Posts
The easiest thing to do would be to tip it over onto a trailer, and then pull it back up...if it can handle that stress...will take a couple of guys and/or a come along...

·
Registered
PSE NTN 33 spothogg hamskea carter victory rage aae
229 Posts
I would get something like this.** We use them all the time on the job.** Smaller ones typically have about the cost as a skid steer for a day. At least in my neck of the woods

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
You should be able to rig some kind of pulley system in tree behind the box blind. Tilt it over and let it down slow in a trailer. That’s what we’ve done. We used a tractor to hold weight. Wouldn’t suggest doing it by hand unless you got several guys or it is a very light blind

·
Registered
3,800 Posts
I moved one like it with a fork lift. Moved it about a mile for my boys. Dug the holes and set it down. Easy. If its 10 feet tall to the bottom of the box, a skid steer probably wont get it high enough.

·
Registered
202 Posts
I move mine all the time with skid loader and pallet forks. I have several 10 and 12 foot towers. I build my platforms to be moved with forks.

·
Registered
6,189 Posts
Wasn't trying to speak for him, and I guess you could try and hunt out of that with a bow...but it is similar to the shooting houses we have on our lease that are pretty much rifle only...the height and shape of the windows makes drawing and releasing very difficult unless the deer is in a perfect spot. We have 2 man ladders near most of our shooting houses for archery...use the shooting houses...for, well, shooting! But I could be wrong...

Thanks for speaking for the OP. That’s what I assumed, but this is an archery site, and you never know.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 17 of 17 Posts