Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im lookin for an indoor shaft for my wife. She is about 25 inch draw and shootin around 40 lbs. Not sure which shaft to get her. Id like her to shoot a bigger shaft like the x23 but im not sure on what length or point weight would need to be without tryin a bunch of configurations. Hoping someone can get me on the right track thanks.

·
Shootin and Cussin
24,106 Posts
I'd get some .500 Fatboy arrows and put some 150-200gr points in them. You might need to leave a little extra length on them but that's not an issue indoors.

·
Socket Man
24,256 Posts
I would take a close look at the new Nine.3 max from gold tip, it isn't a overly heavy shaft at 8.3 gpi and you can put a nice point weight up front and then use screw in weights to finalize the speed and feel of the arrow. This will give her a nice fat shaft without going overly heavy.

·
Registered
437 Posts
I have a 26.5" draw and am shooting only 42 lbs with my Bowtech Brigadier. I am using Easton Full Bore 350's at about 28" with 150 grain points and they are shooting very well. They weigh about 420 grains and I'm getting about 193 fps.

·
Registered
741 Posts
My daughter shoots 500 fatboy cut to 26 inches and 80 grain points they work well indoors and for 3D she's a 25 dl. 52#

·
Registered
1,810 Posts
I'd get some .500 Fatboy arrows and put some 150-200gr points in them. You might need to leave a little extra length on them but that's not an issue indoors.
This above
or
Look at X23 (2312) and put 150-180gr up front cut a little on the long side 29-30"

·
Shooter of flesh
7,661 Posts
I'm really sorry...but the title of this thread cracked me up!

·
Shooter of flesh
7,661 Posts
I guess you all are a fine example of the trash on this site
Yeah, like you didn't word it that way on purpose...just to get more responses, or laughs! You know you could have, should have called them arrows.

Please!

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Yea i could have said arrows but it is not an arrow until it is built, its called a shaft. Either way im not gonna get into a pi$$in match with a bunch of immature wise guys. One simple question and cool guys have to take it out of context. Admin please close the thread

·
Registered
59 Posts
Yea i could have said arrows but it is not an arrow until it is built, its called a shaft. Either way im not gonna get into a pi$$in match with a bunch of immature wise guys. One simple question and cool guys have to take it out of context. Admin please close the thread
Lighten up Francis. Life must be hard without a sense of humor, i don't think anyone meant any disrespect.

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
Two schools of thought:
1. Shoot an optimally spined arrow with forgiveness. For a low draw weight setup, that usually means an arrow that is a small diameter of less than .600 spine.
2. Shoot a large diameter, overly stiff arrow, and tune for level nock travel and focus on consistent shot execution.

For Indoors, I'd recommend going with the largest diameter arrow allowed, fletch helical with feathers (high drag), leave as long as reasonable, use a high FOC with a heavy point, and focus on shot execution. Check out Competition Archery-Pro Points.

... hope this helps.

PS - Check out LAS Classic Live stream or Las Vegas Live Stream -Women's Pro event - and check out the arrows being used ... usually very informative.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts