Archery Talk Forum banner

help with my cables and cable guard

565 2
i have a Z bar cable guard for my reflex HTS extreme bow and the cable slide for my NAP drop away rest is used for the cable slide that holds the cables to the side. the problem is that the cable slide is tearing up my cables kind of. it strips the wax from the cables and just a few draws will start making the black cables turn whiteish and become dry and unwaxed. what should i do? could using weels instead of a cable slide work? i was thinking of using 2 weels one bigger than the other and slide them on the cable slide and put the Z bar on the inside of the bow and have the Z bar push the cables out while the cables rest and roll on the weels. basikly instead of a cable slide holding the cables and the Z bar pulling them to the side i think the cables should rest in a grooved offset weels (one weel bigger than the other) and the Z bar instead of pulling the cables, push the cables to the side. help please!!! thank for your
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
725 Posts
I'm not formiliar with the Z bar cable guard. If you could post pics then maybe someone would be able to help you out. I use the Saunders Hyper glide for all my bows. The white teflon piece that contacts the cables is very rounded and does not pull any wax off my strings. -Chris

· Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm not formiliar with the Z bar cable guard. If you could post pics then maybe someone would be able to help you out. I use the Saunders Hyper glide for all my bows. The white teflon piece that contacts the cables is very rounded and does not pull any wax off my strings. -Chris
the Z bar is the rod that the cable slide slides on its the rod shaped like a Z (at least on my bow) that is used to pull the cables to the side for clearence when the cables are attatched to the cable slide

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.