Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently picked up a DB matrix second hand. I didn't receive any directions or any thing with it. I've seen acouple of their videos and I've seen their little 7 second demo on their web site, but I still can't hardly set the thing up. I lay the thing out on the ground and I get the 1rst wall locked out, but then everything seems to jam up. If I screw with is long enough eventually I can get it set up, but I feel like I'm forcing, and it's no where near as smooth as the videos show.

Can someone tell me what I am doing wrong? Or can someone point me to the directions. I feel like a moron having to ask this but...

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
there is definatley a knack to it I had issues at first also so dont feel bad. It probably has to do with the orientation of the rods I think I stack them backwall, L wall,Rwall,roof,Fwall. ILL have to look when I get home But once I did that the thing flew up.

·
Registered
14,403 Posts
Open the BACK wall first - that is key and label that hub number one, as in the first hub you open.

The make sure all the other hubs are under the roof hub(labeled "Matrix")

Place the roof hub in your right hand, and the other hubs in your left hand, then push up on the roof hub, bringing the other hubs up with the other hand right behind the roof hub. Bring them up in order like this and it will pop open instantly everytime.

It takes a few tries to master, but I can open this thing in under 7 seconds everytime. You'll get it.

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the quick replies! I am headed home to try it right now.

·
Registered
28,624 Posts
ttt

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Meleagris1, That was a perfect explanation. Once I figured out which wall was the back wall, the blind practically opened itself. Who would have thought that was all I needed to do. Thanks again.

·
Registered
14,403 Posts
jer7440 said:
Meleagris1, That was a perfect explanation. Once I figured out which wall was the back wall, the blind practically opened itself. Who would have thought that was all I needed to do. Thanks again.
Glad I could help. I took me a while to figure that out on my own. I don't know why they don't emphasize it more in their instructional video. Its CRITICAL that you open the back wall first.

You'll love the blind, its awesome. :thumbs_up

1 - 8 of 8 Posts