Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Slickhead Slayer
5,673 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive been paper tuning my z7 with that new mathews grip. I have managed to get a bare shaft to tear about 1/4 in high 50% of the time and with no problems left and right at all. the other 50% of the time it tears about 1.5in high. Im pretty sure that im putting different pressure on the grip. My question is if I put either a low wrist or high wrist grip on will this correct my problem?

·
Registered
935 Posts
If tearing high or low you should adjsut the nock point. I do this till I get jsuta left or right tear and go from there.

Example: New strings yesterday. High right tear. Had to lower the nock point slightly ~1/8". Then I just got right tear, spine to weak with bare shafts and point no fletchings. Put wrap and fletchings on and jsut have a 3/8" right tear and I think it is my form is off abit.

Craig

·
Slickhead Slayer
5,673 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I understand about moving it up and down but I think im putting pressure on different parts with the medium wrist style grip. I think thats why sometimes the tear is good and other times its about 1.5 to 2 in lower. If I switch to a low or high wrist gip will this help or make it worse?

·
Registered
935 Posts
I understand about moving it up and down but I think im putting pressure on different parts with the medium wrist style grip. I think thats why sometimes the tear is good and other times its about 1.5 to 2 in lower. If I switch to a low or high wrist gip will this help or make it worse?
Sorry can't help with that, when I had my DXT I used Medium wrist even with my custom grips.

Bump for someone that may be able to help more than I! :zip:

·
Slickhead Slayer
5,673 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hey thanks for trying to help out man. Its driving me nuts with the tear. I finally started putting more pressure on the top on a shot and then on the bottom to see if I could duplicate how it was tearing and sure enough it worked. Figured maybe if I went with a low wrist or high wrist it would force me to put pressure on only the top or bottom. I think Im just going to call shrewd in the morning and see what they say.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts