Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got a turbohawk that shoots like a dream. Drives tacks at 20 30 40 and beyond. After shooting today I noticed that the string isn't aligned completely with the cam and I was worried that the string might jump the cam while drawing. I have no idea if this is how the string is supposed to look in comparison with the cam or not. Should I take the bow in? Sorry for the crummy picture.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
I can't say for sure, but this looks more like cam lean to me.

Could you take a pic looking at the string and cam straight on from the back?
And one more question, are those the stock strings?

·
Registered
629 Posts
I would also say cam lean, but I don't think that adding twists to your yoke will do anything if you still have the stock strings that have a floating yoke.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey. Thanks for all the replies! If it is cam-lean, how is this fixed? I'm about to take it to the shop now. I hope I don't leave with an empty wallet.

p.s. here is the pic from the back of the bow.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
Looks like you have a little cam lean. No matter how many twist are put in you can NOT get rid of all the missalignment of the string. It isn't actually the string its one of the cables. And it is cause by the natural angle of the cable coming off the cam and going to the side of the cable slide.

Once the cam is centered (cam lean negated) you will still see some angle to the cable. Don't worry all bows have this. Some more than others depending on the design of the bow. Shoot with confidence that all is OK and it will not come off the cam. The shorter the Axle to axle distance of the bow the greater the angle off the cam will be. Its phyics.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I've got a whisker biscuit on it. Simple. Cheap. Works for me.

Thanks nolucklarry. Thats pretty much what they said at the shop. All is well. Phew. Now I can play with my $800 toy again worry free.

·
Registered
9,882 Posts
It's a short bow with a cable guard. The cable guard puts some side pressure on all cams. I don't think it is an issue at all. Your bow sounds like it is shooting great, just enjoy it.

·
Registered
3,588 Posts
full draw

Can someone take a photo from behind at full draw? I would be more interesting to see how it looks then?

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Deff cam lean. You can't do anything about it as far as the cables go (Hoyts stock strings are stupid like that, but with any after market string you can put twists in the yoke to fix it) but you could try going with a after market cable slide that lets the cables come out a little farther.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts