Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi, i am wanting to get into target archery...as you can tell by my bow...it is a hunting bow with a long stabilizer that i picked up off of craigslist for $20 lol. i am sure there is A LOT wrong with my form...but i cannot fix it till i know what :)
please help

i have a video that i can email, but i cannot get it on here for some reason

· Registered
8,662 Posts
feet are way to wide. You want them no wider that your hips. You are leaning back. Stand up strait. Draw looks a little long will be able to tell more when you stand up strait.

· Registered
359 Posts
You got the bow in the picture for $20?! That is definitely a good deal!

Form wise- Most noticeable things are too wide of stance, looks like your leaning forward and down a little bit, draw length about 1/2" to 1" too long, can't see your bow arm too good but it looks like you need to bend it a little more, the grip on your bow hand should be loose but not with fingers pointing out.

· Registered
6,665 Posts
praisnm, a couple of things:

- Straighten your back. You are leaning toward your draw shoulder.
- Rotate your hips to open your stance a little. It appears you are rotated away from your target.
- I suspect your shoulders may not be in the right position, but after you rotate your hips, this might straighten out your shoulders too.
- Feet closer together. Your feet should be shoulder width apart, at the most.
- Watch this video regarding your grip. You have too much hand on the bow.
http://www.bowhunting.net/bowtube/media/79/Get_A_Grip_-_Larry_Wise/

Attachments

· Registered
3,655 Posts
Shorten draw length 1"; feet closer together; don't lean back; rotate bow hand out 45 degrees (too deep a grip). This will also fix your bow arm; don't grip the release, relax.

· Registered
3,655 Posts
Get a good coach! You will go crazy trying to do all these things at once!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.