Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello everyone,
I am new to the Bow scene and this site. I picked up a couple bows at some yard sales and I am hoping someone could help out with some info or point me in the right direction of some owners manuals. One is a Astro Dominator XL i believe it has a 29" draw length and 50lb draw weight. The other is a Golden Eagle Talon. 30" draw length and 55- 70 lb draw weight. I would like to know if the Astro is adjustable on the weight and what the procedure would be to adjust it if it is able to be done. also to see about adjusting the draw length if possible.

·
Registered
6,647 Posts
On both the Astro and the Golden Eagle, as well as nearly all other compound bows, the draw weight is adjusted by turning the bolts at the bases of the limbs. Clockwise increases the weight, counterclockwise reduces the draw weight. Turn both limb bolts equally. From a bottomed out position you probably should not relax the limb bolts more than roughly 6 turns or so. You possibly have a little more room to let the limb bolts out on the Astro.

As far as adjusting the draw length, I know on the Astro you should have a couple ways to do this. First, the wheel itself should have 3 slots in it where the cable comes out and wraps around the cam. Each slot results in approximately 1" in draw length adjustment. I believe if the cable is in the slot closest to the bowstring that would be the shortest draw position on the wheel. Typically both wheels should be set in the same position. I believe the Astro also has plastic round buttons that the center cables run to. Both plastic buttons typically have 4 slots in them. These slots can also be used to fine tune draw length settings. Again, the cables should be set in the same slots on both buttons. Trying to go off of memory, I believe the longest slot results in the shortest possible draw. Each slot changes draw approximately 1/4" I believe. The slot adjustments in the buttons can be changed without a press. Changing the cable position in the slots on the wheels should be done using a bowpress.

Not sure about the Golden Eagle. I suspect the GE also has slots in the cams/wheels. If so, same directions as described above for the Astro to change draw length.

Unfortunately I do not have any printed directions I can send.

Good luck and don't hesitate to post any pics or additional questions if you don't understand my explanations above.

>>------>

1 - 3 of 3 Posts