Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I have done a real stupid one this time folks. I got a press, ordered a set of Vapor Trails for my Parker UL31, and thought I would jump right in. Now I have goofed.......My old string and cable is off, and I can not figure out how to route my new ones. I know, I am stupid. I thought I had it pictured in my head, and I got confused after they were off. Now what do I do ???? :confused:

·
Registered
815 Posts
Assuming a right handed bow with a single cam, and the bow in the press with the top limb to your left.....

String:

The bottom of the string will go on the post that is on the side of the cam that is facing you. The bottom of the string is the end closes to the center serving. Hook the eye on the post and run the string through the groove around the cam in a counter clockwise direction and then up over the top of the idler wheel. Run the string through the idler wheel groove and down under the idler wheel in a counter clockwise direction. The loose end of the string will go over the top of the single cam in a clockwise direction and hook on the post that is on the side of the cam that is facing away from you (there are 3 grooves in the cam - the string will be in the groove closest to you and the groove farthest away from you).

Cable:

The split cable will hook onto the bushings that are outside of the limb at the idler wheel. Make sure these "legs" of the cable are between the upper and lower sections of the string that you just put on. Run the cable down to the single cam, being sure to keep the cable closest to you where it will cross the string. The other end of the cable will pass under the cam and hook to the post that is in line with the middle track. The cable will not really wrap around the cam groove, but kind of just bend to get hooked to the post.

Put the string and cable through / into the slide, being sure to put the cable in the groove that keeps the cable closest to you and the string in the groove that keeps the string farther away from you.

MAKE SURE THE STRING AND CABLE ARE FULLY IN ALL OF THE PROPER GROOVES WHEN LETTING UP ON YOUR PRESS. NOT DOING THIS MAY CAUSE THE STRING OR CABLE TO SLIP AND CUT / BREAK ONE OR THE OTHER.

When the bow is out of the press, look at the cross point of the cable and string - they should not be touching.

If in doubt about anything above, take the bow to a shop and have them do it for safety purposes.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks !

Dave, I can not thank you enough for your help. I followed your instructions, and all is well. I will not let that happen again. Thanks again ! Pat

1 - 3 of 3 Posts