Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
Bear Archery Cruzer G2
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I'm new to both this forum and the world of compound bow archery so please be patient with me!

I'm changing my compound bow to a Bear Archery Species LD RTH 45-60lb because I need a longer draw length. So, I'm also looking for appropriate arrows to match the new bow.

My trouble is, I'm having a hard time finding where to search and buy the exact arrows I need. I'm going to have a draw length of about 31.5in-32in with a draw weight of 45-50lb while using a trigger. I'll mostly be using it for backyard target shooting so I'm not looking for broadhead or barbed arrows either. In my understanding, I need an arrow length of 31in+ and a spine rating between 400 & 340 if the arrows has a 100grains point weight.

Since I'm only doing target practice for now, I would prefer the arrows not to cost more than about $7-8 each since I would like to get atleast 6 of them, 12 if I can afford it. Also, unless you can pick out what components I would need, I would prefer them to be fully built arrows.

Does anyone have a recommendations on where to buy arrows, or, know of any specific arrows that would fit my needs? I've search some retailers but, either I can't find arrows that match me or I don't trust the the seller's description enough to know what I'm buying.

Thank you for your help!

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
Hello, I'm new to both this forum and the world of compound bow archery so please be patient with me!

I'm changing my compound bow to a Bear Archery Species LD RTH 45-60lb because I need a longer draw length. So, I'm also looking for appropriate arrows to match the new bow.

My trouble is, I'm having a hard time finding where to search and buy the exact arrows I need. I'm going to have a draw length of about 31.5in-32in with a draw weight of 45-50lb while using a trigger. I'll mostly be using it for backyard target shooting so I'm not looking for broadhead or barbed arrows either. In my understanding, I need an arrow length of 31in+ and a spine rating between 400 & 340 if the arrows has a 100grains point weight.

Since I'm only doing target practice for now, I would prefer the arrows not to cost more than about $7-8 each since I would like to get atleast 6 of them, 12 if I can afford it. Also, unless you can pick out what components I would need, I would prefer them to be fully built arrows.

Does anyone have a recommendations on where to buy arrows, or, know of any specific arrows that would fit my needs? I've search some retailers but, either I can't find arrows that match me or I don't trust the the seller's description enough to know what I'm buying.

Thank you for your help!
Try huntersfriend.com website. Tons of excellent info there.

·
Registered
4,345 Posts
With your long draw length and also in case you decide down the road that you’d like to turn your draw weight up to 60 lbs, I would go with a 340 spine. Something like Gold Tip Hunters would serve you well for what you’re looking for. I think a half dozen of them fletched and ready to shoot runs around $50.

·
Registered
970 Posts
With your long draw length and also in case you decide down the road that you’d like to turn your draw weight up to 60 lbs, I would go with a 340 spine. Something like Gold Tip Hunters would serve you well for what you’re looking for. I think a half dozen of them fletched and ready to shoot runs around $50.
I agree. Either the GT Hunters or the GT Velocities are great affordable, durable arrows

·
Registered
Bear Archery Cruzer G2
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you all for your help! The Gold Tips do seem like good options so I'll pick one of those up, likely the Hunters. Though, I also do like the huntersfriend.com website so I'll keep that in mind for the future. Thanks!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts