Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am shooting a Trophy Taker Xtreme FC pro mounted to a CST at 28" dl 76.5lbs and 400 Easton Axis arrows cut to 27" at 389gr with 3 helical Blazer vanes. I have the rest tied to the down cable and it is coming up to the highest position in the last 1" of draw. My problem is I am getting contact with the rest from my two hen vanes. I am paper tuned and shooting bullets but still notice contact being made. Any suggestions on how to correct this?

·
Registered
651 Posts
Hmmm...I just got the same rest. I tried to tune an apache rest and had the same trouble. I have not put this rest on my bow yet.

·
World & National Champion
33,999 Posts
I would bring the rest up a little bit sooner. Try to have it the whole way up at about 1 1/2" left in the draw.
www.60xcustomstrings.com

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have it attached to the downward cable. Bring it up earlier you say? not doubting you but just asking what this would do?

·
Registered
3,895 Posts
I have it attached to the downward cable. Bring it up earlier you say? not doubting you but just asking what this would do?
When shooting a pull cable drop away, the arrow will tend to fall a little during the shot. By bringing it up a little sooner, the rest stays up longer in the shot cycle and falls less due to higher speed when the rest falls. Thus giving better clearance and more accuracy!

·
Premium Member
3,680 Posts
The only help i can give you with that rest is....

Get a QAD

1 - 9 of 9 Posts