Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,947 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need a tad bit of help. I am shooting woods from an old Bear Black Bear bow. Well, I'm down to 3 arrows and need some advice on getting new ones. What spine would you suggest? I have a 28"D.L. but like my arrows cut to 29" and I shoot 125 grain heads.

·
Registered
12,053 Posts
I assume you are looking to go to aluminum or carbon? Both work great but the carbons are known for durability. You can check the different manufactures for spine charts or search past threads on this website and see what everybody is shooting with setups similar to yours. The easiest would be to just go the the nearest Proshop and have them help you out. Good luck...:)

·
Registered
15,839 Posts
There are some real nice looking wood grain similated carbon arrow shafts. Gold Tip and Carbon Express both make them.

·
Registered
1,947 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Easykeeper said:
I assume you are looking to go to aluminum or carbon? Both work great but the carbons are known for durability. You can check the different manufactures for spine charts or search past threads on this website and see what everybody is shooting with setups similar to yours. The easiest would be to just go the the nearest Proshop and have them help you out. Good luck...:)
Actually no. I want to stick with the woods. I have shot both Carbons and Aluminums and she seems to like the woods better than either.

·
Registered
12,053 Posts
For wood arrows, I would check out Three Rivers Archery.

http://www.3riversarchery.com/

Their focus is on traditional archery, but I'll bet they would be able to advise you on spine for your compound. You don't say if you want complete arrows or the materials to build your own, they have both. Give them a call.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts