Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
can anyone help me i have just started shoting field archery unmarked distances on animal faces i shoot with a matthews switch back and a 38mm speciality scope with a x6 lense on my first visit to the field i could not see the animals clearly so i made the peep hole bigger this helped a little but still had to follow the shape of the animal and guess approx kill i usually shoot fita target and i have never had any problem there might be someone out there who can help me

Thanks Wusarcher

·
Registered
2,758 Posts
you couldnt see the animals clearly huh? thats due to the high power lense that you are currently using. when seeing a rainbow, like the fita target, its extremely easy to find the center color and pinwheel it. eventhough the target will be blurry and you wont be able to read the lines on the target with out some help. but you dont need the help on the fita course, but the 3d course is a different matter all together. you dont have a signiture so i have no idea what your using completely. but i will suggest this, i do recall the fact that you are using a speciality scope. so tie in a speciality super ball peep. the might be a little expensive, but they are worth it. the mess around with the apatures until you find the one that works for you. then insert a clarifier, NOT a verifier. since you are running a scope you need a verifier, and the power is up to you. but i suggest a green (#2) or medium. that should clear up that sight pic no prob. but it will blurr you pin, or dot. the stronger clarifier that you get the more the pin will be blurred. so its kinda a balance act. if you all ready have a super ball peep then throw in a clarifier and become the 10 ring terminator :wink:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts