Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am a female looking for the right bow. I would like to start bow hunting but have no clue where to start. Can anyone help me on how to do this right. I love to gun hunt but have heard over and over that you have not hunted till you get one with a bow. Plus you get so much more time to hunt. If anyone can give me some advice I would love it. Thanks.

·
Registered
51 Posts
go to a local pro shop if there is one. They can get you set up with the proper equipment. If there is not one available got to huntersfriend.com and read everthing you can find on how to find the proper fit. There is a lot of usefull info there. I am sure there are other sites as well. Maybe someon more knowledgable than I will chime in. Good luck

·
Registered
771 Posts
From what i hear for women and men with short draw lengths the Bowtech Equalizer is the bow that everyone is gunning for. And by all means see if you can find a Pro shop where they can teach you the basics of form and shooting to get you started.

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
if there are no pro shops around you, try this! www.huntersfriend.com they are a VERY professional shop that will answer ANY question you have, ''dumb'' or not. just give them a call and they will set you up EVEN if the only thing you know about archery is NOTHING! these guys are great!!!

·
Registered
14,295 Posts
hunting_girl said:
I am a female looking for the right bow. I would like to start bow hunting but have no clue where to start. Can anyone help me on how to do this right. I love to gun hunt but have heard over and over that you have not hunted till you get one with a bow. Plus you get so much more time to hunt. If anyone can give me some advice I would love it. Thanks.
Sounds like the Martin Tigress would be a great starter for you. www.martinarchery.com

·
Registered
2,784 Posts
Slippy gave you great advice and this is why......new one see a dealer .........used one check the classifieds here and eBay........
The Martin Tigress is a great Hunting and 3-D bow that I'm sure you would love.

http://www.martinarchery.com/?page=bows&bow=tigress
Tech Specs
Weight: 2 lbs. 15 oz. Draw Weights: 40# - 50#
LetOff: 75% / 65% Peak Speed: 250 FPS

In the past, women archers have had to settle for bows that don't quite fit, were just a little too heavy for bows that weren't built for them, just forced to fit them. Well not any longer - Introducing the new Martin Tigress LT.

Martin Archery has finally filled the niche that has been overlooked for years. Never again will you have to settle. With the new Tigress Lt you get exactly what you want. A lightweight, fast and efficient machine built specifically for women archers!! Whether you want to prove something to the guys down at the local range or up in deer camp, this bow can help you do it. The Tigress LT has been built to precise tolerances assuring accuracy and forgiveness from the first shot to the last.

When you're determined to be the best, you need the best equipment available to you. We think you'll find it right here on this page. Go ahead and prove it to yourself. Visit your local Martin dealer for details on how to get your own Tigress LT today.

·
Hunt By Faith Not By Site
5,583 Posts
I would check out several pro shops and shoot as many bows as you can until you are sure and satisfied. You will hear buy this bow and that bow and they maybe nice but maybe they're not for you. One of the best videos on the market IMHO is "So You Want To Be A BowHunter." It has a all star cast of Bowhunters that cover all the basics and then some. I still watch it from time to time and I've been shooting for years. Also Huntersfriend.com has a very good article on buying bows and it also covers the basics, such as proper draw length, the right bow weight and many other things that you need to know before buying a bow. I used bow might be the right fit for you right now rather than spending $600.00 or more right up front.

·
Registered
11,484 Posts
I agree shoot as many bows as you can but don't buy a bow without shooting Bowtech's Equalizer. The best short draw bow on the market:)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts