Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
734 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today I was shooting and my top stringjax shot off of my new Allegiance. Ive only shot the bow about 500-600 times and today on a shot I felt my top stringjax hit me in the side of the head and bounce off. My Meanv CSS is set up correctly so its not that. The bow is set up at 26.5"/62# with smooth mods. I checked my cam timing and it looks okay to me. Can someone give me any suggestions why this would happen? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
4,903 Posts
your lucky to get 500-600 shots with it on ! their junk for on the string simple as that . leeches will last a little longer not much though . try bow jacks or cat whiskers .

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
your lucky to get 500-600 shots with it on ! their junk for on the string simple as that . leeches will last a little longer not much though . try bow jacks or cat whiskers .
You might have a record! I put them on just before hunting season, then 2 weeks later then 2 weeks later.:wink:

·
Registered
734 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I think I might have confused the name of what is on the strings. Its the standard factory installed bowjax string suppressors. They look like little bowjax. All of the other ones are still on just fine. Just the one above my peep and the speed button below it came off.

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
Same thing happened with my Commander. Seems to work just fine without it.

·
Registered
734 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Same here, its shooting just fine but id imagine that ive lost a few fps because of it. I read a post a while back where a guy gained 13fps just by putting the speed buttons on in the correct place.

·
Registered
243 Posts
First week and 1 blew off the string, second week the other was a gonner. I'm not sure why Bowtech put those on, but that was my only complaint about my 07' Allegiance. I still prefer basic cat whiskers, so it wasn't a major deal.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts