Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
2,945 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally got my mount back from last season, when he called to say it was done you would have thought i was on the phone with Ed Mcmahon getting a million dollars.. I have to build the base now that I have him back and will post some pic's when he is done.. My Taxidermist has done another outstanding job for me, I couldn't be happier with the results.. When my kids get home from school they are gonna crap when they see him...

If any one has some good ideas on how the base should be, feel free to post some pic's here, I would love to see them......

I thought it would be fitting to show you a pic of the first buck I ever killed with my bow next to the latest one, I sure was proud of that little buck and still am..

Lets see and here on some ideas for the base...

·
Registered
306 Posts
Dude, thats a sick buck. What did he score.

·
Registered
5,465 Posts
Nice very Nice! I would also be very happy, I'm waiting for my first 30" plus Walleye to get finished.

·
Registered
1,854 Posts
awesome buck, congrats.

·
Registered
434 Posts
How perfect of a rack is that.....congrats, what a beauty.....I saw where someone asked about the score.....??

·
Premium Member
17,587 Posts
cmherrmann said:
Nice very Nice! I would also be very happy, I'm waiting for my first 30" plus Walleye to get finished.
LOL That cracks me up. I caught a 32" walleye (8 1/2 pounds) years ago. He was mounted and drying and waiting for paint when the taxidermists dog found it and ate the head:eek: :eek: Oh well, I still have the memories and the pics.

Now back to the thread............That is a great buck.

How about finding an old fence post with some barb wire still attached. Attach the mount to the post and add some switchgrass around the base. This would work as a pedistel mount. Get creative and add some of your own ideas. Maybe find an old and aged "No Hunting" sign and attach it to the wire.

It's a start..............

Rx

·
Registered
2,945 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Obsession said:
Holy Crap thats awesome!!! Beautiful is all I can say!!! :)
Me or the deer???? LOL thanks a bunch...:darkbeer:

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
I would say worth the wait, too...

Jim Dandy of a buck there!!! Congrats, that is a wall hanger for sure!!!

·
Registered
379 Posts
great buck! awesome!

·
Registered
382 Posts
Bowbuster, great buck. I have some of mine mounted on a board cut out to look like the state of Arkansas. The board can be painted or stained,mine are stained. I have had people say that that was a neat idea and they were going to do their next one like that.

·
Registered
2,933 Posts
Great buck.....

Excellent chance he'll squeak by the 170" mark......I'll bet you got yourself a genuine Booner there, my friend! :)

1 - 20 of 50 Posts