Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
today i shot my switchback,old glory and allegiance. these were all shot with the same arrow the same distance and one after next twice. sw was 280,og was 287 and ithe alleg was 285. now all was at 27" draw lenght with a 26"maximum 250 arrow with 2" blazers. sw rated top end 318 , OG 323 and alleg 328. so the sw lost 38 fps, the OG lost 36, and the alleg lost 43 fps. ok now for the kicker. the sw and OG was at 70 lbs but the allegiance was at 60 lbs. now tell me speed doesn't matter.the bowtech allegiance shot 5 fps fasterthan the sw and 2fps slower than the OG but with 10 pounds less. they all shoot striaght, they draw differently but smooth,and no kick to them. two guys shot the chron with hoyts one at 70 lbs 286 and the other at 55 lbs was at 227, don't know what brand of hoyts tho. so what is themeaning of all this???? don't know, just letting you people know what i found out today. wouldn't it be great to have a job that would pay you to do these kind of things. well good shooting to ya.

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
speed

I think he was referring to "lost speed" based on HIS set-up when compared to the advertised specs of the listed bows and compared along-side one another. Right? But of course these bows were not set up to IBO specs (30" 70lb. 350gr) when shot, thus the speeds reflected from the chrony. I think that is what deerhuntalot was saying... :D

·
Registered
91 Posts
comparisons

I did a similar comparison here a few weeks ago with my Switchback and Allegience and the results were the same. I like the fast that the much faster Allegience lets me really lower the draw weight. But man did that start some fighting amongst Bowtech and Mathews fans. Good luck and good hunting.

·
Registered
2,114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
they are right

yes the speed lost was because of draw lenght only being 27" . i ran out of time but i wanted to put the sb and OG at 60 lbs and the see what i would get ,but my friend had to leave and it was his chron i was using. thanks

·
Registered
9,862 Posts
My Allegiance is the first 60 pound hunting bow I've ever ordered in 33 years and I'm not sorry I did!! The 60 pounder is producing VERY good energy (up to 71 ft. lbs. K.E. depending on the arrow weight) and great accuracy,, quietly :D

·
Registered
82 Posts
yeah, i have had alot of bows in my time, since i got my bowtech i will never get any other brands again, im sticking with bowtech the best in my book :thumbs_up

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.