Archery Talk Forum banner

Here is my rant!

947 Views 8 Replies 7 Participants Last post by  az2tx
So here is the deal. On Friday I go pick up my new Admiral and man I am pumped. I take my Bodoodle Pro-Lite and my Sword 3rd plane off my GTO and put them on. Well Saturday rolls around and the wind is blowing about 30-40 mph so I can't sight it in. So, I wait til Sunday. Well same thing with the wind. All this time I am thinking that I want to try a Hostage Pro since I am only going to be hunting with the Admiral. So Monday rolls around and I head to the shop. I have him put the rest on and set my center shot. I get home and go to adjust my windage on my sight and the guy had tightened it down super hard. When I tried to break it loose I stripped the head. I spent about 2 hours trying to get the screw out. I finally ended up drilling it out. Okay, now I have no sights. I guess here goes another $100 for some more sights and a week wait. Well I decided tonight that I would go out and shoot a few arrows from close range to see how I am going to like the rest. Six arrows later, I am missing the cock vane on two arrows. I am thinking "NO WAY" I shoot the four good arrows and lose another cock vane. Well now I am pissed. So I call the shop owner(who I also bought the arrows from BTW) and he tells me that I am doing something wrong. I told him I was shooting cock vane straight up and that I don't see how it is my fault. He set the rest up, and he made up the arrows. So now I have to go back to his shop tomorrow so he can see what the problem is. If things don't start going better, I may not be out in the woods for sometime.

Sorry, but the last two days have been very frustrating.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
5,984 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It shot sweet! There is no hand shock, super quiet, and holds like a rock.

Funny side note. Friday one of my buddies came over to check it out. He looked it over real good. Then he started running his fingers over one of the limbs, he squinted and looked at. Then he says "Is that a crack?"

· Registered
1,386 Posts
I'm right there with you brother! During the "Ohio Valley Typhoon" I opened my garage door only to have my bow blow off of the wall and land on the top cam, bending it! I ordered a new cam and some new 60 lb. limbs (Dropping from 70) through my dealer. Everything came in a couple of days after opening day. Drove 120 miles to my dealer to discover that they sent mis-matched limbs! Ok, put the 70 lb limbs back on with the new cams and I'm good to go. While driviving home, my top limb split while sitting in the front seat beside me!:mad:

I still haven't made it into the woods but, I did go check my feeder/camera last night to discover that a "storm-weakened" tree had fallen directly on top of my brand new Double Bull Matrix 360 ground blind!

At least the kids and I were not in it!:wink:

· Registered
374 Posts
I'm right there with you brother! During the "Ohio Valley Typhoon" I opened my garage door only to have my bow blow off of the wall and land on the top cam, bending it! I ordered a new cam and some new 60 lb. limbs (Dropping from 70) through my dealer. Everything came in a couple of days after opening day. Drove 120 miles to my dealer to discover that they sent mis-matched limbs! Ok, put the 70 lb limbs back on with the new cams and I'm good to go. While driviving home, my top limb split while sitting in the front seat beside me!:mad:

I still haven't made it into the woods but, I did go check my feeder/camera last night to discover that a "storm-weakened" tree had fallen directly on top of my brand new Double Bull Matrix 360 ground blind!

At least the kids and I were not in it!:wink:

Man that sucks, I wish I was closer I would let you use my blind. Oh and hopefully you will get your bow up and going agian soon.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.