Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Custom String Builder
1,821 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Needed to replace my last DIY target. So here is how I did it
sides.jpeg
These are signs that are corrugated plastic. You can get it at your local sign shop or see if the coke guy has any he is going to throw away.
bent.jpg
I first bend the signs in the middle.
corners.jpeg
I cut up some plywood old stuff I had laying around. Old pallets what ever you have. I then staple it to the corners.
stapled.jpeg
Once the supports are in I use house wrap as a facing folding the edges and stapling it to the supports keep it tight. Then start filling I used old clothes with no buttons zippers. Plus the layer in between is plastic wrap
clothes.jpg
handle.jpeg
here is a rope handle drill into the support and tie inside
Then I fill it to the top over flowing.
weight.jpg
Staple the top
and it is done to shoot at point blank
point blank.jpeg
spiced up.jpeg
Hutch

·
Registered
2,769 Posts
Awesome!!!

Going to have to make something like this soon.

·
Custom String Builder
1,821 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Something I forgot to tell you guys I cut it in half and make two out of those two sheets of plastic. Also 2 finger pull outs, I love that!

Hutch

·
Custom String Builder
1,821 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I also have made one 3.5 wide by 4 feet tall excellent for the basement shooting.

HUTCH

·
Registered
572 Posts
since i work at coke ive gotta stack of signs..;i have trouble getting the staples to hold em to the boards.i went back to carpet on he front and back of the box.if anybody wants some signs and is in n.ga area hit me up yall can have em

·
Custom String Builder
1,821 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
If I were to guess I would 18 -20lbs. Because of the clothes it is heavy. But it doesn't move when shot at, it is as stable as can be.

Hutch

·
Registered
3,292 Posts
Looks good....thanks for sharing!

1 - 20 of 33 Posts