Archery Talk Forum banner

Here is some Song help...

717 views 10 replies 4 participants last post by  irefuse 
#1 ·
You can purchase and download a song from any site... make sure you either save it as an mp3 or convert it to mp3 format.

My personal favorite is itunes just because I have an extensive collection there. But since my mp3 player is a Sansa I use an mp3 converter to convert the itunes songs to mp3 format (itunes uses their own format that doesn't work in other mp3 players).

Then upload the song to a site that will host it and return you a URL with a .mp3 extension on the end of it (if the hosting website returns you a URL that has anything other than a .mp3 extension on the end it will not play in your profile).

The best site I found for hosting my songs and giving me the right URLs back is www.mailboxdrive.com

It is a free service, but they do accept donations.

Make sure you register for an account (they will ask you for your email, phone, and address). Then upload your song. You'll need to activate your uploads from your email address. Then just copy and paste your link and you're good to go.

If anyone needs help let me know!!

Thanks,

Emily

See less See more
#5 · (Edited)
Thanks!

When you go to the You Tube site and pick out the videos you like... they give you a URL... copy the code after the = sign in the URL

Then go into the "Extra Space" area of your AT Profile and type the code as displayed below:

Attachments

#9 ·
Well, I don't know if this is the easiest way to do it or not... but here's one way...

If you've got them burned on to a CD, you can RIP them into your Windows Media player and convert them to .mp3s at that time.

Here's how you do it.

Open your Windows Media Player and click on Tools and then Options from your toolbar:

When your Options window opens up, click on the "Rip Music" tab and select mp3 in the format drop-down window: (click ok to save the settings)

Then back in the Windows Media Player main window click on the "Rip" tab at the top ... insert your CD... and click the Rip Music icon in the top right corner.

Like I said... not sure if this is the EASIEST way to do it... but it's one way. :D

Good luck!!

Em

#10 ·
Thank you Em You are a Dear....

I also followed Sticky's suggestion and down loaded Media Monkey. I used the hosting site that you recommended and seemed to work good.

I'll be getting in Late Thursday night to Vegas. Say hi if yo see me and I'll buy you a thank you pop!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.