Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
896 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Which do you perfer for a 3d/spot/AND hunting bow? I know its alot to ask for but i really thing ANY bow can be a hunting bow. I just dont want a monster 40"ata bow in the stand/blind with me lol. So which of these do you guys like better? Which is easier drawing/better shooting/most accurate/ you get the point. I will be shooting 60-65# give or take depending on stiffness of draw. 28" DL. 400ish grain arrow.

I know i will get more speed out of the alphaelite but i want the best shooting one not super concerned with speed anyways.

What sight,rest,stabilizer would you use for either of these bows(will be hunting with it as well).

·
Registered
896 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
ttt...Someone has to have an opinion!

·
Registered
126 Posts
I shoot the Tour at 62LB. Bow has the best back wall
and Draw of the bow I shoot.
Handles well will make you a grate 3D bow

·
formerly 3drcher48
5,864 Posts
A lot of people in our area are shooting the alphaelite this year. They all like the rkt cam! I have an '11. Great bow

·
jjf41380
4,244 Posts
I have a blue Alpha Elite for 3d, A green one for indoors and a como one for hunting. It works real well for everything

·
Registered
5,541 Posts
How about the Elite XLR. ATA is perfect for both.......

·
Registered
896 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
How much stiffer is the alphaelite with RKT cams vs the Elite Tour/XLR?

·
Registered
4,553 Posts
Never shot a tour but they are turd slow so i would assume the draw is considerably than the alphaelite which has a firm but managable draw.

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
No comparison Hoyt all the way.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Love my alpha elite! The rkt cams are very nice, very smooth, with a good firm wall. Mine is a blackout, I use for target but is also my back up hunting bow. For this reason I went with a bowdoodle rest.

·
Registered
152 Posts
In dying for an alpha elite, the hubby shoots one n loves it

·
Archery Addict
5,653 Posts
I'm an elite lover have owned acouple GT500 was my 3D bow last yr and hunting bow this past season.I picked up an AE acouple days ago for 3D and so far liking it a lot can't wait to get out on the course with it.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts