Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
972 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took some better pics here they are, I want to get all this form stuff sorted out before indoor!

Here they are

Attachments

·
Registered
5,901 Posts
If you're consistent and happy with the way you're shooting don't change a thing. If not, here's my take:
I think the peep might be a little too high which might be causing you to bring your anchor down low and causes your release hand elbow to come up so high. From what I understand, the arrow should should be somewhat inline with your release hand elbow. Although, that is certainly not the gospel, look at Michelle Ragsdale's elbow, it's much higher and she shoots really well!
Also it kinda of looks like your shoulders are not parallel.

·
X's R Us
3,458 Posts
Close your mouth if possible. Can you get a pic from above? See if your bowarm and shoulder is lined up.

·
X's R Us
3,458 Posts
Your grip on the release is too deep. Should be between first and second knuckles yours looks like it's between the second and third. It doesn't look preloaded either. The end near your pinky should point towards the front. Then as you use back tension it can rotate into the postion its in the pic and press against your thumb and fire.
http://www.arcierimonica.it/Foto_Migliori_del_Mondo/Cousins99.jpg
See how Dave Cousins release is preloaded.

·
Registered
972 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
To The Top

Ian, I messed with the adjusto trigger and I now have the release sitting just in front of my second knuckle. Ill try to get a picture today.

·
Registered
1,783 Posts
Only thing I can think of is close your mouth - if you have any kind of contact with your jaw you'll get inconsistencies caused by your jaw being open different amounts every time.

JMHO

·
Registered
2,089 Posts
Looks ALOT better Ty!!!!!!!! All I can say is, do what you did and change your release hold. I'm guessing that after you did this, it evened up your shoulders and your release elbow as well. Post another pic at full draw. And yeah, shut yer' mouth! LOL J/K

·
Registered
2,089 Posts
Atta boy! Chance had better watch his hiney........cuz' Ty's comin' on at high speed!!!!!!!!! Tear 'em up bud! Just remember to relax bow shoulder, and all the rest while keeping good bone contact alignment.

·
Archery Coach
23,291 Posts
tyler-I mentioned the mouth thing on PSE-others agree. I might post a warning though, and its not a slam on anyone here.

When i got back into archery in 95, I read an article by James Loesch about coaching kids etc. He spoke of his experience as a 15 year old who won every title and shot a 1300+ fita . He went to a training camp where coaches all tried to change things about him and his form (as if a 1300 15 year old kid doesn't already have almost perfect form). When he came home, he shot so badly he said he almost quit.

Be careful-sometimes too much advice is worse than none-especially with compound where confidence is often more important than perfect form. Recurve, form is far more important, but don't start second guessing yourself every time you have a bad round

just my two cents worth

·
X's R Us
3,458 Posts
Looks ready to punch some X's.

·
Registered
972 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
JimC,
Thanks for the advice, Ill keep that in mind. If one of the form adjustments that I have made doesnt work out, Ill drop it. Thanks for all of your help everyone!:cool:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts