Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
That's what I'm planning on calling this one.
Again, Jim (MXTuner) is doing the majority of the work... with my ideas mashed in with his.
Start with a Maitland Zeus (What other platform is there? LOL)
Put heavier deflection limbs on it.
Put some seriously over-clocked (throwback to my Computer building days) Aggressor cams on it with 75% letoff mods
Understring it a hair for quicker rotation, and more poundage

I'm planning on a capability of near 360 FPS with a 350 GR arrow... but, I'm planning on putting some 540 GR 2613 Phone Poles through it... and STILL think I should be able to break, or at least be near 300 FPS.
Stay tuned....
Oh, and... for color... think C3PO. :)

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
What was up with the Mach-0.2 that you need to start another build?! J/K

But seriously, if you can get 360 with a 7" brace on what is basically a target bow, you'll be an AT legend!

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Mach 0.2, hmm? LOL... Anyway, yeah... I still have it, and still love shooting it.
Well... with 80# limbs, and slightly short-strung on Aggressor cams... Jim is the one who'll be legend.
We'll definitely have to see. I may be shooting a bit high... as I did on the machX. But, it's still gonna be a helluva fun bow to shoot 3D with.

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just did the math, and I'd have to have an arrow below 450 grains (my X-Cutter Pro's are 449) to hit 300FPS. The Aluminum 2613 phone poles I've got coming should come in around 540, and be in the neighborhood of 270 FPS. If I could build a 5GPP arrow that could spine for 80, I'd be at 316. Not quite the speed demon I had in mind... but, should still be a lot of fun.

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
3-71 ACC w/ 80gr point comes in pretty close to your IBO arrow. Anything at 80lb is fun for target :) Even if an IBO arrow out of a 50lb speed bow looks faster...

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Malcolm... I totally understand. LOL. 80 pounds should still be pretty fun. And, on the Aggressor cam... it shouldn't feel so bad. After more number crunching, I've come up with THIS:
NO weight on the string/80#/30"/350GR/= APPROX 341.6
Now, of course... all of these numbers are calculated using the info I've found that a Zeus with Aggressors is a 325 IBO bow. If it's not... Say it's closer to 330-333. The Kinetic goes up to 335, the Halo is rated at 330. And, the limb angle on the Zeus is much more like a Halo-ish angle than a Kinetic.
So, if the IBO is more like 333, the above math would put me at 347.6
All of this is just speculation of course. We'll find out this week sometime... should be assembling it tomorrow, I think. And basic tune. Got a rest and new peep, will transfer my AWESOME most favorite sight (DS Advantage) from my FrankenMach!

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
New strings on the way from Hutch. Cant wait... gonna get a good tune done... and get her shooting through the chrony!

·
Registered
50 Posts
LOL Just a nerd note... but uh... Hermes isn't the Greek God of speed. If anything Nike would be the appropriate deity. Sorry, I have a minor in Greco-Roman Mythology so this stuck out to me.

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Technically... messenger of the Gods, right? Well... u give the message to the fastest guy. LOL... I knew SOMEONE would catch it!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts