Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys hows it been goin.. i miss this place.. I been busy hunting.. shot 2 button bucks.. my first 2 deer with a bow in 4 years of bowhunting.. Got 1 on the 3rd double lung + heart.. another today 1 lung + liver.. both piled up within 50 yards.. ITS AWSOME!! but I thought i'd let yall know that.. also I saw the thread with the speed chart on it but cant find it now.. my arrows drop about 11.5-12 or so inches from 20 - 30 yards.. how fast would that mean my bow is?? Thanks Justin

·
Registered
16,232 Posts
Congrads Justin! Glad to hear about your success.

(any deer is a "management" deer if you can "manage" to put 'em on the back of your truck)

Especially with a bow!

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
Congrats on the bowkills Justin. Here's the chart you mentioned:

________"Arrow Speed Chart from Eders Magazine:___________
Looking to discover how fast your arrows are shooting but don't have access to a chronograph? Well it's easier to figure out than you might think:This simple table will get you in the ball park. First, shoot your bow at a target from 20 yards using your 20 yard pin. Mark the center of the group. Next, shoot at the same target from 40 yards, aiming at the same point, but again using your 20 yard pin. Mark the center of the second group. The distance between these two marks will tell you your approximate speed.Distance between 20 and 40 yard groups (inches) Approx. Arrow Speed (fps)
28.7 = 220
24.2 = 240
20.6 = 260
17.7 = 280
15.5 = 300
13.6 = 320
12.8 = 330"
Hope this is what you're lookin for. Be safe.
Shoot Straight
Derbytown :D

P.S.
This chart is just gives you a ballpark figure, the best way to determine your bows speed is by shooting thru a chronograph.

·
74,535 Posts
Congradulations

Way to go.

·
Registered
2,866 Posts
Good going, good eats. Better than some ol' stinky buck!

·
Registered
3,499 Posts
What russ said.
I try not to shoot em,but they sure are tasty& tender.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts