Archery Talk Forum banner

Hey Boys from Illinois, Are you ready

1654 Views 37 Replies 37 Participants Last post by  Rut N Hard
I have been keeping pretty close tabs on the weather and it looks awesome. It hasn't been this cool on opening day for years.
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

· Registered
1,078 Posts
I'll be there!

· Registered
3,113 Posts
I'm ready and chomping at the bit.
Work obligations are keeping me out of the woods until Friday but it'll be here soon enough.

· Registered
400 Posts
Guys/Gals I wish you the best! My lil' hunting partner and I were ready Saturday and counting down till he got sick. Wound up in the ER on Monday at 4:30 AM, he was in surgery at 8:30 loosing his appendix, we are in the hospital recovering and there is no way I will leave him for the woods (even though he tells me to go). Maybe when we get him out of here Thursday or so I will feel comfortable slipping out.

Gonna be a long day tomorrow so guys post those pics, please.

· Registered
1,277 Posts
Man I cant wait!! I have to go to the bow shop tonight and run the tag machine. I bet the stories will be flyin tonight. Just got a new piece of timber to hunt on my way home from work. Cant wait to climb up, get settled in and see what happens. Scouted this piece a couple days ago on a drive thru and seen a couple shooter bucks. I just hope big mama doe comes thru first the freezer is empty.

Whack'em and stack'em boys and girls! Good luck and be safe.

Stabber out!

· Registered
6,069 Posts
I'm ready, been waiting for weeks! Not too excited about the wind direction for the AM, but for the PM,:tongue: I have a great spot just for the wind out of the NNW, just like its supposed to be...:wink:

I cant wait!

shoot straight:darkbeer:

· Registered
3,181 Posts
Really ready. Shut out last year, deployed this year. Preparing for deployment last year cut short the time I could hunt. This year, be home for10 days in early Oct. That's it. Need meat for the freezer, so highly likely 'if it's brown it's going down'. Nice doe or decent buck, not looking for a trophy, never do anyway. Need luck and good advice.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.