Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5,806 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey folks, I`m Paul Smith, this is my first post on the boards. I have a tuning question for the Whisker Biscut. I just put one on my Buckmaster last week. I can drive nails up close (10yds), but when I drop back to 20 yds or more, my arrows scatter around the target. I shoot gold tip 5575 with feathers and 100gr. tips, at 55lbs with a release. Thanks for any help and I look forward to talking with you.:D

·
Registered
469 Posts
Bowtuning and the Whisker Biscuit

Paul: You probably just have to grouptune to establish the correct windage for the rest. The normal tendency to just line up the rest with the centerline of the bowstring and the cams is what is probably causing your problem. On most right-handed bows the bowstring moves forward and to the left about an 1/8" or so upon release. It stands to reason if the nockpoint releases the arrow 1/8" left of the centerline the rest should also be about 1/8" left of the centerline for the bow to shoot straight at all distances. You should grouptune for windage to achieve the narrowest group. This will be the optimum windage setting for the rest. I have found setting the nocking point at a 90degree angle to the bowstring and having the biscuit parallel to the bowstring also helps alot. Shooting the correct spine arrows for the bow really helps. The bowstring moves from right to left on most right-handed bows because the cableguard stresses the right side of the bow more, on a left-handed bow it stressses the left side of the bow more and the bowstring moves from left to right as a result. Hope this helps you to understand bowtuning and the whisker biscuit a little better. Good luck hunting!

·
Registered
86 Posts
Paul, go buy three arrows in 3555 set up the same way and try them. I'll bet they shoot better. Then follow the other advice.

·
washed up wannabe
12,236 Posts
Spike Bull speaks the truth. The two things the WB really hates are the wrong spined arrows and torqueing the bow. You could be doing either or both.

The other thing you could try is pick up some 125 grain tips and see what happens.

·
Registered
5,806 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Great advise guys. I fixed the problem......I put on a NAP quick tune that I had on another bow.:D :D I did a small sight ajustment and I`m in there.:D Thanks again.

·
Registered
184 Posts
hey paul..the next time you buy arrows for that bow try soemthing a bit weaker...the 3555s would be a much better choioce for that bow. i was shooting a jennings airmaster (pretty much the same bow as your buckmaster) at 60# and 3555s shot the best and gave a lot more speed. i would also recomend beman ics 500s...
good luck

·
Registered
51 Posts
Gold Tip

Those arrows maybe to stiff for your draw weight. Maybe try to put one or two turns into your limbs and see if they group better. If the added draw weight doesn't matter, they should group better.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts