Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
501 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey thanks for the help last nite.. there were a few of you in the chat that helped me figure out how to shoot a 20 yard spot round.. Just got back from shooting one.. this is unofficial but i was honest.. i had to be or i will never get any better.. I shot a 276 with 17X .. I feel thats a decent score for an intermediate archer.. I'm only 16.. i shoot a lot and am trying to improve.. I guess this seems to be a good start.. I found once i got going i started strokin it.. nice follow thru.. X X X .. i started off bad.. missed 1 in my first round.. 0's hurt.. think if it would have been a 4 it would be 280 .. all well.. what do you all think of this score.. i know a lot of you can shoot 300 60X but not me.. This is with a hunting bow as well.. no real fancy stuff.. just a sight.. 3 pin.. 7 inch stabalizer.. "normal rest" not fallaway or anything.. well i'm happy with it i guess.. thanks Justin

·
I'd rather be hunting!
1,894 Posts
Justin I think it's great! You have to have room for improvement or there would be no need to practice! The more you shoot the better you'll get!

·
Registered
5,700 Posts
justin all you need to do is keep practicing and you will improve. i don;t think the score you shot is indicative of what you will shoot if youpractice perfect form it wil all come together. good job and keep up the good work
rob k

·
Registered
705 Posts
Great Start!!

I remember when I started a 276 was to die for. I couldn't stay on target for the life of me. As I practised more and more I sowly went up. 280,284,290,299,292,289,299 etc. I got stuck on 299 and couldn't get that 300, Then I realized I wanted it to bad. I relaxed and got my first 300 almost right away. The second is harder than the first!!!!!!!
Moral of the speech is don't worry about your score , set a reasonable goal(1 more point) and work on the mental relaxation(with good form) And you will be REAL good fast.
Just don't get discouraged, don't give up. If I can do it anyone can.

Rob B
(still looking for 55x)

·
Registered
307 Posts
X-Ring

Justin

You just keep on shooting! Nothing comes easy and soon you will be there if you want it bad enough. Dont try to beat the other guy, just try to beat your own score from the last time. Perfect practice is the ticket. Not just to shoot a bunch of arrows. Make every shoot fell like the first. One word of advice: if your not shooting good that day, stop! Start again tomarrow cause if you dont you may have picked up some bad habits.

Nothing But X

D

·
0 Posts
Justin...

...AWESOME job young lad!!:cool: ...

...my advice...ENJOY all that your journey to the "X" entails...

...the challenge can be FUN and COMPETITIVE...

...if YOU "want" it be!!...

...heere's to your next "X":) ...may it come soon and be as much FUN as the last one!!...

>>>---DD--->;)

·
Occam's Razor
8,313 Posts
You're one lucky dude.........

that I wasn't in chat last night.......:cool: You would have been lucky to just hit the target 17 times with my help.....:D

Besides, when I'm in chat, there ain't none of that archery talk stuff allowed..............lol

Be just a matter of time, you'll be on here bragging about a 300 with a bunch of x's...........:cool:

SHOOT & ENJOY......:D ..................CK

Oh, welcome back Double D......:cool: ....dang you must drive slow.......:rolleyes:

D

·
0 Posts
CLAYKING...

...no not really...stayed an extra day in Gadsden, ALA and then stopped in Kentucky to do some "caving" with the wife and kids while it was on our way back:) ...

...got back late Tuesday...errands to run on Wednesday...started the yard mowing(finished today) and now I've got to head out and start the irrigation...be back later tonight, maybe!!:cool: ...

...did I miss anything??:D ...

>>>---DD--->;)

·
Registered
969 Posts
i thought it was pretty easy. I shot a 288 my first time ever shooting a 5 spot and i was 15. A week later i shot a 298 with about 35 X's. Last year when i was 16 i shot a 300 with 53X's. Guys at my league told me that was awesome but it didn't hit me until it took my a while to beat it. I guess i just learn fast. Last may was the first time i've shot field....and 2 months later i shot a 550 at state. I don't mean to brag, but i'm very proud of that. Nice shootin Justin

Jason

·
Registered
11,769 Posts
practice makes perfect, 276 is good for just starting out. keep it up and you will be there before you know it.

dd: did you go to mamouth cave?? we wanted to go through it when we vacationed in ky last year but the tour time didnt match up. cool place though, easton94

D

·
0 Posts
EASTON94...

...YUP!!...Mamouth Cave is AWESOME...so are the Diamond Caverns...Kentucky Down Under too!!:cool: ...if your in or around that area...you MUST see a cave or two or three:D ...

...JUSTIN...how's it feel to have your first "post hi-jacking":p ...

...let us know how the ne"X"t round goes!!:) ...

>>>---DD--->;)

·
Registered
501 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
its all good!!

hey... thanks for replying to this.. lol.. i tried to shoot another round today but it was to darn hot.. 93 here.. its minnesota its supposed to be cold.. got my bear bait out thismorning.. good spot i think... i'm excited for that.. then i will have to get another bow so i can keep shooting a bunch.. do small vanes help when shooting at 20 yard spots?? seems to me they would.. better clearance.. and all.. i think i have a small problem with clearance.. I'll figure it out.. can still shoot good enough to kill deer and bear.. Thanks everyone.. Justin.. any comments or more hyjacking :D feel free to post.. sorry i cant spell..

1 - 14 of 14 Posts