Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
801 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well guys and gals I received my new Max3000, got rest and sight mounted to it and went out and shot about 5 arrows, they are on the paper, so on to further testing.
My issue is stabilizers.
I screwed my ACE 30" on it and the bow is WAY to front heavy, tried a doinker elite suppression with absolutely no extra weights and it is still to heavy, so I need to add weight to the rear via v-bars or the like.
The bow tries to flip over forward radically after the shot and I dont much care for that...sooooooooooooo
What are you using for a stabilizer? What are you using for weight behind the riser? v-bars?

Thanks
Mike

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
Go to lancaster. Click on "stabilizers". Then click on "More Target Stabilizers and Accessories". Check out these two items.

FULL ADJUST COUNTER-WEIGHT
item#ful-cwght

MARTIN OFFSET BAR
item#mar-613

I used V-bars on my Max2000 for outdoors for a little while but have since taken them off. The counter weight seems like a good option to keep the bow from tipping forward. It also keeps the weight near your hand, which is good.

·
Registered
2,236 Posts
I agree its front heavy , I've got 2 simms modules in the back hole and an old x-ring 12 inch up front but thats still not balanced.
a donkier in front will probably be about right . By the way , love the way this thing draws, very smooth , and its accurate allso

·
Registered
3,446 Posts
Mike-

I'm using a 26" Beiter Centralizer two tuner, but alot of this is simply personal preference... Alot of it also may be due to your sight and scope choice, and how far you choose to run it out on the extension. This can also add significantly to the forward weight. If needed, I've found a rear doinker with 1-2 oz of rear weight attached to it (I use a chrome end weight at 1.5oz when I use it) will normally offset any excess. I don't use an offset bracket of any kind on these bows. I did use balanced v-bars at one point on the Max 2000, but later found that for me it really wasn't needed.

Personally, I do not use any rear weight on the Max 3000 as it has different geometry than the Max 2000 on which I used the weight .. Shoots great for me, my scores have increased dramatically since I started shooting this bow.

Basically just try different ones till you get it where you want it as we're all different, and then enjoy pounding those X's!;) Good shooting, Pinwheel 12

·
Registered
8,652 Posts
Max 3000 Nose Dive

Beiter 30" with two tuners and no end weight works great on my
Max. I have a doinker and two variweights on the back.
Jbird

·
Registered
13,158 Posts
I use no backweighting on my Max3000. I have a 30" ACE stabilizer with 1 1/2 oz of end weight on it. My site isn't extended very far, only 5" or so.

I like the way it sits right now, and like Pinwheel 12 says, it has a different geometry than the Max2000, so it to me isn't anywhere near as nose heavy as the Max2000 was.

field14:rolleyes:

·
Registered
3,229 Posts
I use a 30" Beiter centralizer with 3 tuners and no front weight on my Max2000 and no back weights or side weights. Never moved from factory setting and it is perfect - using a Sureloc Supreme site with a Beiter Scope so it is not very front top heavy. :D

Scoobs

1 - 7 of 7 Posts