• I change limbs only.

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3,531 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

Well, only a few outdoor meets and tournaments left for the year before the transition to 18m indoor. What do you guys do for the indoor season? Do you shoot your outdoor rig as is, change limbs, change arrows, change bows completely?

This will be my first full season of strictly recurve, coming from compound all i did was change arrows...not sure what I am going to do this year...figured I'd ask.

·
Civil but Disobedient
7,222 Posts
I shoot barebow and have tried many combinations of aiming methods and bow setups to shoot the short indoor distance. I shot an Olympic rig in a fund raiser last weekend though (I just got the sight and have only used it a couple of times!!!). Sight, clicker, stabilizer, split finger, under the chin anchor, the whole package; it was fun as a change of pace. I used a light set of limbs compared to my barebow limbs. In the middle of practice, my clicker came loose -- it is an AAE that mounts to the sight arm so that I can use my long barebow arrows. I spent the rest of practice and the first three ends trying to get it reset and resighting in. Then my sight pin came loose. That was a minor problem. I obviously lack basic experience dealing with all this paraphernalia hanging from my bow; and it is a nice Sureloc.

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
Luckily, I put together a setup from ebay/archerytalk/cannibalizing parts. So I just made a training bow for blank bale that sits at home, and then becomes my indoor bow during the winter. It's virtually identical to my outdoor setup, so there is nearly no physical adjustment required.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts