Archery Talk Forum banner

9141 - 9160 of 9185 Posts

·
Registered
2,778 Posts
Classic fatty here, breakfast style though. Blueberry muffins mixed with syrup for the stuffing. Then glazed with killer hogs bbq sauce! WSM for the win

I'm gonna need to see a pic of the inside of that badboy

Reactions: USMC TBone

·
Registered
2,789 Posts
Spending the evening in the turkey blind and I’m tried of sandwiches so I took the Jet Boil to enjoy a hot meal.
The breakfast meal is my favorite but tonight I had to settle for Beef Stroganoff.

·
Registered
spoon & crockpot proud member......killing tomorrows trophys today
29,420 Posts
Smoking up some venison chili with cherry wood. The aroma is outstanding!!!

·
Registered
39 Posts
Buck ham, smoked on the off set. . . I brined it and seasoned it with mojo beef. . .turned out really good, it was off a decent buck and I was surprised how good it was. . .cooked it to 150 but shoulda pulled it no later than 140

Attachments

·
Registered
2,778 Posts

·
Beer Whisperer
11,268 Posts
I have some more trout in the brine to smoke later today.

Caught a couple cool hybrids that I think are exclusive to WV.

Tiger

Gold

·
Bowhunt/Homebrew have FUN
24,680 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9,154 ·
My cousin and his wife each landed different Palominos last week...they released them both...

We have the tigers here too, a little more tolerant when the waters warm.

·
Beer Whisperer
11,268 Posts
My cousin and his wife each landed different Palominos last week...they released them both...

We have the tigers here too, a little more tolerant when the waters warm.

Oh heck I thought the gold ones were a WV thing. I’ve never seen pics of them from anywhere else. Nice!

They stocked a whole bunch all over the state the first week of April and had a big contest. They tagged 100 fish and had some pretty nice prizes for a tag and drawings for everyone who sent in a pic with one.

They also stocked a good many 4#+ tigers last week.

Filets are bout ready to pull out of the MES.

·
Beer Whisperer
11,268 Posts
More smoked trout. We love this stuff.

·
Registered
300 Posts
I went up looking for turkeys this past weekend. My dad lucked out and got 1st one 2 hrs into opening morning after a 4 hr drive up to the spot. He went back early this past Thursday morning and got his 2nd one in the evening about an hour before dark. I headed up Fri evening and hunted the same area all Sat, and Sun until about 4pm. Didn't hear or see a single turkey. I was in the right spot because there was sign everywhere. The weather wasn't one side though as it rained all Sunday, and a good chunk of Sunday as well. I'm planning to head back either this weekend, or weekend after Mother's Day.

I've been watching a bunch of Mad Scientist BBQ's videos on YouTube and now I think I'll have to make some brisket this weekend or next if I don't go turkey hunting, LOL.

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
300 Posts
Nice looking trout pics. Up here in WA we mostly have Rainbows, Brooks, some Browns. Occasionally you might see some Cut Throats but I've mostly seen them in Idaho. There are supposedly Dolly Varden/Bull Trput here as well but they're protected so you have to immediately release them if you catch them.

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk

Reactions: pbuck

·
Registered
2,778 Posts
Oh heck I thought the gold ones were a WV thing. I’ve never seen pics of them from anywhere else. Nice!

They stocked a whole bunch all over the state the first week of April and had a big contest. They tagged 100 fish and had some pretty nice prizes for a tag and drawings for everyone who sent in a pic with one.

They also stocked a good many 4#+ tigers last week.

Filets are bout ready to pull out of the MES.
Started in WV and the surrounding states loved it. They stock them here in MD too.

Reactions: pbuck

·
Beer Whisperer
11,268 Posts
Not much smells any better when it’s cooking than chicken directly over charcoal.

Need some scratch n sniff lol!

Reactions: HbDane and nicko
9141 - 9160 of 9185 Posts