And???

·
Registered
502 Posts
Reactions: Hbowhunter

·
Registered
502 Posts
Bought a 3 bone Ribeye roast at Stare Bros waiting for mother's day to smoke that thing up.
I did this rib roast for this past Christmas. Forgot to get a finished product shot though.

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
spoon & crockpot proud member......killing tomorrows trophys today
32,760 Posts
Sunday was not a nice day to be outside like most of April so a homemade pizza was in order for the evening. Homemade crust in the Cast Iron skillet. I’m starting to get the hang of making it.
View attachment 7619728

View attachment 7619731

View attachment 7619734
I’ve got a pizza stone but I’m intrigued by the idea of the cast-iron skillet deep dish. I have a doe recipe I use but is there any specific recipe you use for dough for this style of pie?

·
Registered
3,079 Posts
I’ve got a pizza stone but I’m intrigued by the idea of the cast-iron skillet deep dish. I have a doe recipe I use but is there any specific recipe you use for dough for this style of pie?
I just use a simple recipe from the internet. I roll the dough very thin and put a layer of cheese then the meat and toppings. I cook it at 500 degrees for ten minutes then add warm sauce and another layer of cheese and go for another 10 minutes or until it looks done.
We have used a pizza stone for years with great results but now the family loves pizza from the CI skillet.

·
"GO BUCKS!!!"
6,729 Posts
Its my grandsons 15th birthday, My son is a having a big party for him, so I am smoking a couple of Butts on the traeger. Used Dukes mayo for a binder, Its going to be good!!!
Food Ingredient Recipe Kitchen appliance Cuisine

·
Registered
502 Posts
Just picked up a whole pork loin for Mother's Day lunch tomorrow. Any favorite whole loin recipes?

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk
I've had good results with just slathering on your favorite pig rub (maybe coat with a little oil first) and doing a reverse sear to about 155 - 160F. I know that nowadays you can probably get away with cooking pork to medium doneness of about 140, but I still don't trust it being pink inside, LOL.

Basically I'd cook indirectly in your smoker until the temp is about 140 - 145'ish, then stoke the coals or fire up a gas grill as hot as you can get it, and then sear all sides of the roast a few minutes each to get a nice brown and crispy crust. By the time your done with that the internal temp should rise up to about 150 - 155. Maybe let it rest while covered for 15 - 30 minutes (sometimes the internal temp will rise some more). Should be pretty tasty and juicy by then. This is pretty much how I cook most roasts on my bbq. The temperatrue when i start the sear depends on what my final target temperature is for doneness. Usually start the sear when the meat is about 10 - 15 degrees from reaching that final temp. Works great with deer/elk backstraps and rump roasts, beef prime rib and chuck roasts, and pork loins. Even works with nice thick steaks, just a takes a lot less time, LOL.

Another thing you can do is dry brine the roast overnight. Basically sprinkle plain salt over the meat and let it soak in. The salt will penetrate farther into the meat than any other seasoning. Then about 1 - 3 or more hours before cooking, add your rub, but keep in mind you don't want too much of a salty rub because you already added your salt the night before. Allowing the salt a good 24 hrs to dissolve into and penetrate the meat helps the meat hold onto its moisture during the cooking process. It also helps to amplify the flavor of the meat in the middle which usually is lacking since it doesn't get much flavor from the rub or smoke.

Reactions: Gene94

·
Registered
3,079 Posts
Yesterday was a picture perfect day to roll smoke here in the Midwest!

Plant Building Sky Tree House

Pork ribs were on the menu. They were seasoned with Holy Voodoo rub and half with a glaze from Chili Dawgs and the other half with Smoking Butts BBQ sauce.
Bottle Liquid Wood Drink Tin

Great results and ate a nice pile of them!
Food Ingredient Outdoor grill rack & topper Recipe Beef

I have a full summer of smoking meats lined up. Several beef roasts, beef back ribs, another beef clod, bacon to cure, and fresh farm chickens on order, pork chops and can’t forget the T Bones and Ribeyes. Smoke on AT friends 👍🏼

·
Beer Whisperer
11,870 Posts
Ok. I just pulled a rack of baby backs out of the freezer for tomorrow’s dinner. Thanks, Ishi.

10101 - 10120 of 10130 Posts