Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3,175 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
when you climb up the tree, doesn't the seat get in the way of your knees? I put a summit seat on my equalizer and I have to fold it up in a manner such that it doesn't hit my knees. the seat is unreal. so comfortable. If the seat does hit your knees, doesn't it bother you?

·
Registered
190 Posts
Never really bothered me...

I have a viper... I just wrap the bungee around it an fold it up. I guess it might hit my knees, but it never effected my ability to climb. I'm a pretty tall guy though, so I only need a few stretches to get up a tree.

to answer your question... not much a concern to me.

p.s. I love my climber.

·
Registered
2,784 Posts
Just as Williams said fold it ,bugee it and use the retainer strap across the bar to hold it in close so your knees dont hit. I use a python top for gun and a open shot top for bow no problems.:wink:

·
Registered
3,041 Posts
I too use the bungee in most cases... If im in a hurry I just push it all the way towards the tree and deal with it touching my knees when my platform is close to the top part of the stand... Never really bothered me...

·
Registered
351 Posts
i love my summit broadhead backpacker. i do like the other guys and it never bothers me.

·
Registered
1,854 Posts
Have a viper and bullet, never bothered me either.

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
I love my Summit Viper X4 and don't have a problem with the seat hitting my knees while climbing. I will sometimes fold it over and bungie it, or other times (if I'm rushed) I won't bother. It doesn't effect me or my ability to climb either way.

Summit is the ultimate climbing stand... So rugged, so lightweight, and yet so comfortable... :asleep:

Butch A.

·
Registered
8,933 Posts
Mine does not get in my way at all climbing up. When I get ready to climb down it is always pressing against my knees and I have to fold it. Wierd....

You have to be very very careful in a Summit seat though.

You might just fall

asleep :)

·
Registered
3,175 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
robertyb said:
Mine does not get in my way at all climbing up. When I get ready to climb down it is always pressing against my knees and I have to fold it. Wierd....

You have to be very very careful in a Summit seat though.

You might just fall

asleep :)
that is one thing I don't have to worry about with the supplied seat. it is broad, and whatnot, but it isn't very comfortable. that is one thing I miss about hunting...I haven't fallen asleep in years...this year with the summit seat I can tell is going to be different. I do like most of you guys said..I fold the seat up nearest to the tree, and bungee it in one manner or another. looking forward to using it this year. I used it in my back yard, and having that back pad is just unreal.

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
hoyt3 said:
that is one thing I don't have to worry about with the supplied seat. it is broad, and whatnot, but it isn't very comfortable. that is one thing I miss about hunting...I haven't fallen asleep in years...this year with the summit seat I can tell is going to be different. I do like most of you guys said..I fold the seat up nearest to the tree, and bungee it in one manner or another. looking forward to using it this year. I used it in my back yard, and having that back pad is just unreal.
Having a backrest makes a world of difference...Planning on some all day sits this season!! As for the seat, bungee it as everyone else said.

·
Registered
372 Posts
it touches my knees and sometime falls down, i need to start straping it up, but it doesnt really bother me.

·
Registered
3,175 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I used the bungee from the actual seat, the one that holds the back rest up. yes, planning some all day sits, I don't think I could do it without this seat

·
Registered
2,224 Posts
I have the air bladder seat on my Cobra. Love the thing. Tucks up tight and I use the bungie that holds the back to the tree to secure it in a tight bundle while climbing.

I've tried their firm foam seats, and I just don't like them as well as the air bladder one.

Just my opinion though.

Summit makes a heck of a stand.:darkbeer:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts