Archery Talk Forum banner

Hey TV hunters - if you’re reading this….

2516 42
No one wants to watch you hunt deer out of Red-neck blind or any other enclosed plastic stand with a bow.

It’s a total turn off and not how 99.9% of us hunt. Get a clue. [emoji41]. Midwest Whitetail I’m looking at you.

There. Back to my [emoji1634].

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

12,229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Whaak, What are you drinking? I think I need to try some of that! There's not much that I get out of any of the TV nimrod's shows.
Woodford Rye. Neat.

· Treetop Assassins
879 Posts
Speaking of... Has anyone seen Bill Winke's new YouTube channel? His daughter is getting into hunting and they had her firing arrows out of the box blind seemingly just into the dirt while out in the field to get used to shooting through the window. Did anyone else see this? Did I misinterpret what was happening?

· Registered
870 Posts
Speaking of... Has anyone seen Bill Winke's new YouTube channel? His daughter is getting into hunting and they had her firing arrows out of the box blind seemingly just into the dirt while out in the field to get used to shooting through the window. Did anyone else see this? Did I misinterpret what was happening?
I watch it. She does that every time in the blind or stand for practice

· Registered
953 Posts
"I demand you change because I can't figure out how to change the channel."

90% of hunters don't hunt those type of properties with that caliber of deer either....yet they still watch.

Does anyone truly watch these type of shows to see where the person is sitting when the arrow is released?

12,229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
"I demand you change because I can't figure out how to change the channel."

90% of hunters don't hunt those type of properties with that caliber of deer either....yet they still watch.

Does anyone truly watch these type of shows to see where the person is sitting when the arrow is released?
Only 4 posts for the comment I was waiting for. Trust me I change the channel. Just trying to help folks out that “want” us to watch. Pretty sure I’m not alone in my feelings.

· Registered
1,119 Posts
The industry is disgusting anymore, all of it.

All an animal is anymore is inches and dollars and likes and subscribes, and unless you kill 150s every year your a nothing just ruining the herd. But if you shoot a big one your a poacher or high fencer .

So turned off to all of it, we have lost our way as hunters.

12,229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
The industry is disgusting anymore, all of it.

All an animal is anymore is inches and dollars and likes and subscribes, and unless you kill 150s every year your a nothing just ruining the herd. But if you shoot a big one your a poacher or high fencer .

So turned off to all of it, we have lost our way as hunters.
Agreed. 99% of my deer tv watching is diy small productions on YT. Dudes with like 10 followers.

· Registered
953 Posts
Only 4 posts for the comment I was waiting for. Trust me I change the channel. Just trying to help folks out that “want” us to watch. Pretty sure I’m not alone in my feelings.

If someone was going to video their hunts for the purpose of putting it on YouTube, one can only hope they're as wrong as Midwest Whitetail. They certainly don't know what they're doing....

I chuckle that someone believes it's the blind that 99.9% of hunters can't relate too....as the third 4.5 year old 150 gets passed.

· Registered
Mathews Triax
366 Posts
Most states have gun seasons and most hunters are gun hunters so unfortunately I hate to break it to you, but yes people are watching and most hunt with rifles and everything in between. To be honest I don’t care how they hunt. I hunt the Midwest and when it’s bow season I’m in the timber or if I need to be in the timber during gun season I’m in there too. But if one is frequenting an open area I’ll hunt a blind myself I ain’t ashamed.Hunting is hunting and unfortunately there aren’t many dedicated bow hunting shows to watch where they travel all over chasing whitetails but if there was I would watch if they weren’t douche bags doing the hunting

1 - 20 of 43 Posts